Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Glitch
This topic is about Glitch
Glitch, by Hugh Howey

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly Brown | 379 comments I read Glitch by Hugh Howey for week #51- a short story by a well known author. Love Hugh Howey and this short story was good. I want to know what happens next, but that would take away the short aspect.

Here is what Goodreads says- When a robot defies his programming, is he broken? Or is he something else?

A short story of 5,000 words.

message 2: by Zaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 3034 comments Oh, I didn't know he wrote a short story, I've to read it! Thanks for the info, it's added to my TBR :)

Kelly Brown | 379 comments He has a few short stories. This was the first stand alone (not in a anthology) that I have read. The challenge lead me in that direction!

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments Howey's books look really interesting, I added Wool Omnibus to my TBR, but should I start with something else?

message 5: by Zaz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zaz | 3034 comments Maybe Sand. It works as a standalone (but I want a sequel) and is more well paced. The Silo series is great at the whole but the pace is slow so I'm not sure it's a good way to discover the author (it worked for me, but it's a dystopia so I didn't care it was slow).

Kelly Brown | 379 comments I think Sand if the first book I read by Howey. I really liked Wool too. I turned into a huge Howey fan. I said he could write the ingredients on the side of a cereal box, and I would read them.

message 7: by Aglaea (new) - added it

Aglaea | 374 comments I'm a huge Howey fan! On my TBR there's Half Way Home and another one, but I never heard of this one before. I'll go ahead and add it, too, because I have barely anything to read... *eyeroll*

Kelly Brown | 379 comments Ah ha ha....I hear you. I was looking for short stories for this challenge and knew this was perfect.