Goodreads Giveaways Chat discussion

Can Anybody Help Me? > My Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (last edited May 07, 2014 10:38AM) (new)

Sue | 20 comments I like the synopsis of the novel.

'Struggling with a new baby, Yvonne turns to netmammy an online forum for mothers, for support. Drawn into a world of new friends, she spends increasing amounts of time online an volunteers more and more information about herself.

When one of her new friends goes offline, Yvonne thinks something is wrong, but dismisses her fears. After all, does she really know this woman?

But when the body of a young woman with striking similarites to Yonne's missing friend is found, Yvonne suspects that they're all in terrifying danger'.

I think this is quite a topical idea, I have noticed on the goodread site that you make friends and sometimes they have been inactive for or a long time or their account is deleted and you wonder what has happened to them. In fact I think I could have written this book myself (lol).

message 2: by Sue (last edited May 07, 2014 10:36AM) (new)

Sue | 20 comments This novel has good reviews so I hope it lives up to my expectation.

I have started reading the novel today and I am finding it OK at present, it apppears fairly easy to read, the Irish tang (the novel is set in Ireland) and some abbreviation that are used online cause me to falter.

Not a gripping read so far but a fairly easy read.