This is mine, it's historical with a love story but definitely not a romance

A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams

message 2: by April (new)

April (april_h) | 159 comments Here's my nomination:

Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (Becksinhb) | 14 comments Hi All,

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

Story about the search for family, friendship and a forgotten chapter of American history

message 4: by Edie (new)

Edie | 29 comments for August

The Other Typist Free Preview by Suzanne Rindell

from the Publisher
"Take a dollop of Alfred Hitchcock, a dollop of Patricia Highsmith, throw in some Great Gatsby flourishes, and the result is Rindell’s debut, a pitch-black comedy about a police stenographer accused of murder in 1920s Manhattan.... A deliciously addictive, cinematically influenced page-turner, both comic and provocative." —Kirkus Reviews (starred review)

message 5: by Elaine (last edited Jun 25, 2014 11:39AM) (new)

Elaine (lainey_h) 'The Other Typist' is a very interesting book! It would be a great choice because, without giving any plot details away, I think some discussion about it would be quite enlightening.
Elaine

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (lainey_h) April wrote: "Here's my nomination:

Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins"

Isn't this July's selection? Or am I way off base?
Elaine

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (Becksinhb) | 14 comments Elaine wrote: "April wrote: "Here's my nomination:

Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins"

Isn't this July's selection? Or am I way off base?
Elaine"

Yep Debbie posted it on the Home Page

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4359 comments Mod
Hey guys thanks for the great suggestions
Yes April we are reading Random Acts of Kindness for July
I guess we'll all stumble around GR together until we get it right :)

I know we'll be hosting more reads
I would love to have them monthly
I know I can't moderate them every month so I may let you guys do the discussions too I think that would be a great way to operate this forum
What do you think?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 26, 2014 08:42AM) (new)

I am really enjoying this forum so far, and it is nice that we are figuring it all out together.

I am looking forward to our July selection, and I like the idea of trying to have one monthly. Just let us know what we need to do to help.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (Becksinhb) | 14 comments I prefer monthly with one discussion at the end. Mid-book reviews might chop up the experience for me and feel like homework. But I'll give it a try.

message 11: by Debbie (new)

TarHeelGirl00 wrote: "I am really enjoying this forum so far, and it is nice that we are figuring it all out together.

I am looking forward to our July selection, and I like the idea of trying to have one monthly. Jus..."

Thanks TarHeelGirl :)

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I prefer monthly with one discussion at the end. Mid-book reviews might chop up the experience for me and feel like homework. But I'll give it a try."

Rebecca that's a great idea too, more like what an in-person book club does
Thanks

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Susan I hope you LOVE it :)

message 14: by April (new)

April (april_h) | 159 comments I'd be up for doing a read together monthly. It's always a great experience to hear what others think about the same book you're reading.

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen Laird (shadetreebookreviews) | 228 comments I love the reading along and month long discussion and interaction that we have done in the past. Some are actively involved on a daily basis, some drop in once or twice a week, and other ghost along and comment when a discussion topic appeals to them. lots of fun at all levels.