The Hopefuls discussion

Support > Exams

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloesinhercorner) Good luck to everyone with exams starting soon!It's going to be stressful but we can do it :) Anyone else doing IGCSE Language tomorrow?

message 2: by Leeza (new)

Leeza | 23 comments I was thinking about making a thread like this haha. I'm not at GCSE yet but my school takes exams in the younger years way too seriously. I have two more days of exams left, I hope everyone else does really well you are all freaking amazing and will do great. I know Carrie's just made a video (which is really good) but if anyone has any good revision tips to share? Generally I write things out and put post it notes on the important words so I can remember them :)

message 3: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennieelizabeth) | 91 comments Oh Helen I don't know how you can cope with that - my friends are doing their language a levels at the moment and they seem so difficult! I'm in year 13 and have five exams starting in three weeks in English lit, psychology and philosophy. I'm so scared! Good luck everyone, final push and then it's summer :)

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments Any US hopefuls taking exams? Especially seniors, last exams of our high school careers!

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta (martitarv) | 4 comments Hey everyone, I'm in my last year of uni and I finish this Friday for real :O excited and terrified at the same time!

Helen if you need help with Spanish don't hesitate to message me up :)

message 6: by Nishtha (new)

Nishtha Good luck to all of you on your GCSEs and A Levels! They seem so difficult but I'm sure you'll all be amazing.
And to my fellow US hopefuls, good luck on APs and finals! Almost done guys

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie Brown (allietb) | 28 comments Erica wrote: "Any US hopefuls taking exams? Especially seniors, last exams of our high school careers!"

Yep, I'm a senior and I've been taking AP tests all week and I still have another one next week. In addition, I've had a horrible cold for the last two weeks so that's been fun...

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica Rucker | 59 comments Aww good luck with that Allie! I hope you feel better :) I haven't been taking AP exams, but I've had finals for post-secondary classes all this week. I feel your pain!

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 9 comments Hi, do any older Hopefuls have any advice of receiving exam results? I, like many others, am getting my GCSE results on Thursday and I'm kind of terrified and have no ideas of what to expect. We did English Lang in November and I was fine with getting that back, but having all the other subject at once is scaring me slightly and I'm sure this is the same for many others so does anyone have any comforting advice that has helped them? Thankyou so much xx

message 10: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (littledreammer) | 5 comments In October I'll travel to Mexico City to give my entrance exam to college. I hope I do well, I'm so excited! :)
I want to study Audio Engineering.

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloesinhercorner) Lucy: I'm getting my results back Thursday the same as you, but just remember you have done all you can now, no amount of worrying will change the results. Also, if there are any issues you can always resit or find another route to take or ask an adult for advice. I hope you get the results you want!

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Sanderson (hannahsark) | 6 comments Speaking as someone who's just graduated from uni, once you have your A-Levels or BTECs or whatever you're going on to, GCSEs won't matter. Besides, you can only do your best and however you did, you can't change it now. Don't worry about it until you know whether you have anything to worry about :) Good Luck!

message 13: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 44 comments I graduated uni last year too, and I agree with Hannah that GCSE results won't mean much in a couple of years. But I know that's not much help, because right now, they do matter and you still want to do your best. I'm sure you did do your best, but you can always resit, at any age. Be sure to talk to teachers and parents if you'd like to resit- it's your choice. You won't really have to tell many people your grades in the future. GCSEs are a huge achievement because they're your first big exams, and they're HARD because there are so many subjects! So you should be proud no matter what. And results days are always one of the scariest things in life, I think haha, so it's normal to be nervous but it will all be over soon! And be sure to celebrate no matter what happens :) Good luck!