Food & Fiction discussion

General > Your Fictional Dinner Guests

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Perrino | 60 comments Mod
Fiction allows us to fall in love with characters and the worlds they inhabit. We've never actually met these characters--and yet, as we journey with them to that final page, they become our best friends. We share their laughter, their pain, their desires--everything.

If you could choose any two fictional characters as dinner guests, who would it be?

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Crazy, I know, but I'd like to have shared just one of the meals with Donna Tartt's characters in THE SECRET HISTORY. Remember how they put together those great meals? Of course, more than one meal clearly becomes dangerous with that crew! Don't want to go the way of Bunny!

On a cozier note, can I use a movie? I loved the cooking Diane Keaton did in IT'S COMPLICATED. I also loved the decorating! :)

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Linda Francis Lee wrote: "Crazy, I know, but I'd like to have shared just one of the meals with Donna Tartt's characters in THE SECRET HISTORY. Remember how they put together those great meals? Of course, more than one meal..."

Diane Keaton's locations are always scrumptious. I would die for her home in Something's Got to Give.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 1 comments Dont forget her meals in Under the Tuscan Sun, between the book and the movie you can FEEL the memories being made around that table!

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Wendy wrote: "Dont forget her meals in Under the Tuscan Sun, between the book and the movie you can FEEL the memories being made around that table!"

That was a great book and movie but the actress in that one was Diane Lane.