The Para Normals discussion

Reading anything paranormal?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.S. (last edited May 07, 2014 06:20AM) (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) The Intruders by Pat Montandon (sorry, there is no book cover on file here)

We went to my grandmother's this past weekend because she had just turned 102, and my California uncle was there, and had found this book in a little bookstore in Lawton, Oklahoma, and grabbed it right up.

The author, Pat Montandon, is from the town of my birth, and her father was a Nazarene minister. She ended up going to California herself, and, hosted a talk show and was a journalist, and even was married to Melvin Belli for a few days... But when she went out to California, she rented an apartment in what she believes turned out to be a haunted mansion, and this is what the book is about.

She must be quite a colorful woman, and elderly at this point. One of her books was "How to Be a Party Girl," and her latest that is supposed to be out this year is "Peeing on Hot Coals." LOL.

Just barely started this book, of course. :)

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments I'll have to check that one out. Thanks. I just finished a cozy ghost mystery called Giving Up The Ghost by Marilyn Levinson and thought it was really good. I'm still waiting to see you guys on the Amazon paranormal discussion, it'll be good to have other people there to discuss this great genre. It seems to me that there's more authors writing paranormal mystery. Mary

message 3: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Mary, do you have a link for the Amazon discussion?

message 4: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Debra, 14 sorta sounds like the premise for that television show 666 that only lasted a season or two.

message 5: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Giving Up The Ghost does sound good!

message 6: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) And I thought I posted about 14, but must not have hit post. The premise reminds of the television show 666 that was on for a season or two.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments I don't know how to do a link (I'm not computer knowledgeable at all). But if you type in Amazon forum and get to that site then ther's a search box and you type in Paranormal Cozy mysteries and it should appear. That's how I found it. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll try to find someone to tell me how to do is link. Thanks. Mary

message 8: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Mary... I can find the Amazon Cozy Mysteries forum, but I can't find one about paranormal. I've tried everything.

To copy a link, just right click on your address box at the top and select COPY.

Then come to the posting box here, and right click inside the box and select PASTE. :)

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20ou... ok, let's see if this worked. If it did, thanks for the info. Mary

message 10: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Yes, it worked, and you're welcome! I added it to my Favorites so I won't lose the link.

message 11: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Mary, I can't post my ghost book there, because it has not been reviewed on Amazon by anyone. It's been rated here at Goodreads, and it was on Barnes & Noble's years ago when it was published as "Amber Roses." It was also nominated for the Frankfurt eBook awards at the same time. :)

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Maybe you can't officially post it but we could talk about it. I would think that's allowed. I'll have to read it and review it for you so then you'll have a review!!!! Just come and socialize at the forum discussion. Mary

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments M. S. I can't remember if I've gotten one of your books to read yet or not. I've gotten so many books from authors to read and review that I'm getting confused :(.

message 14: by M.S. (last edited May 07, 2014 04:01PM) (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Okay. Our electricity went out with the wind, so I'm using my MiFi and iPad. When the lights come back on, I'll head there on my big computer.

The paranormal book I'm reading is an old paperback instead of kindle, so I can't even read right know. Darn it!

message 15: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Sorry Mary... I've tried to post twice, and it keeps using my real name. I don't how to get it to use a moniker. I even changed the name on my account, and it still posts my real name.

I just will not use my real name in open forums like that.

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments M.S. wrote: "Sorry Mary... I've tried to post twice, and it keeps using my real name. I don't how to get it to use a moniker. I even changed the name on my account, and it still posts my real name.

I just will..."

I don't know why it won't let you use a different name. I don't know if you can somehow log in to Amazon with a different name and try it that way.

message 17: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) I went in and set up a pen name for my profile that is supposed to be used. Then I rebooted my computer to clear my memory. I'll try again one more time and see if it will let me.

In the meantime, I'm so excited for Debra. Sounds like she landed one heck of a publishing deal. :)

message 18: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Yippee! Rebooting my computer seems to have worked! :)

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Yeah, I didn't realize that she had that good of publishing going on. It's fantastic. Hope your posting works right when you try again. Mary

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments M.S. wrote: "Yippee! Rebooting my computer seems to have worked! :)"

Great, now we can see you there!!! That's great. Mary

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Debra wrote: "Hi girls!!! I just finished negotiating the deal with the publisher, talking to my agent friend etc, and am about to scan and send the contract back tonight! woohoo, I am excited to get this deal ..."

Debra, so happy for you. That is sooooo exciting. Even I've heard of Simon and Schuster/Pocket Books. That's a big time publisher. That's impressive. Congrats. Mary

message 22: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) That IS one heck of deal, signing with Simon and Schuster. Way to go, Debra! :)

I like Llewellyn, too. I've bought lots of books from them, too.

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Close enough for now. Look at it as a stepping stone. The sky IS the limit!!!!! So happy for you. Mary

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Debra wrote: "Thanks Mary!! Check out "14", one of the publisher's books. Good stuff."

I just checked it out on Amazon and put it in my wish list. Thanks for the recommendation. Mary

message 25: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Yes, close enough, girl! I'm trying to focus on too many things at once, but I think I've got it now... Permuted Press and Llewellyn. :)

message 26: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Mary... my ghost book is "Innocence of a Child." There's an excerpt loaded here. And another excerpt at my website. The ghost is a child, who is in limbo with his father. They were killed in a car accident, and the father refuses to move on, so the little boy thinks he can talk his mother into joining him and his father. The mother is also pregnant and engaged to her deceased husband's business partner. All the characters have shady secrets, and where there is money involved, so shall there be mischief. :)

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments M.S. wrote: "Mary... my ghost book is "Innocence of a Child." There's an excerpt loaded here. And another excerpt at my website. The ghost is a child, who is in limbo with his father. They were killed in a car ..."

Wow that sounds really good.. I'll have to read get it and read it. Thanks for the info. mary

message 28: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Hope everyone had a great weekend and were able to do things that made them happy. Mary

message 29: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Debra, I live in Ohio and never heard of it. Glad you had a great time. I rested, watched baseball on tv and read. I'm still dealing with sciatica so I have to rest, but I'm getting caught up on reading, so that's a good thing. Mary

message 30: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Debra, glad you had a great time. Mary, so sorry about your sciatica. This weird weather has kept ours stirred up around here... Trip coming up Thursday, so I will probably get another book read in the car.

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments Debra, That sounds really cool. Glad you got to go and had a great time. M.s. have a safe trip and have fun reading while you travel. I'm hoping warm weather will help with my sciatica, but so far it hasn't seemed to make a difference ( we've actually had some nice weather in Cleveland). Sorry to hear you're bothered by it too. Sciatica is the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with. I think it's 1000 times worse than childbirth, and I hated childbirth :). Mary

message 32: by M.S. (last edited May 11, 2014 08:57PM) (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) I finally started taking a medication that helps some, but I know what you mean. Saturday, we had to walk through several of those giant DIY stores, and that about did mine in.

Hope have y'all a good week. Debra, sounds like everything is coming together for you. Enjoy the ride! :)

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary Brown | 29 comments M. S. I can imagine how tough the walking was for you. I've been dealing with it for 2 months and I can do very little walking or anything else. I babysit my 15 month old grandson and 4 year old granddaughter and by the time I get home I'm in such pain. On the days I don't babysit I'm shot and just have to rest all day. My husband has been suffering from it for 6 weeks. I find it sooooo strange that we both got it. That seems almost paranormal:)!!!!!!!! Mary

message 34: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) LOL. Yes it does! :)

message 35: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) Here is my review for the book, The Intruders by Pat Montandan. It was written in 1975, but can be found at Amazon for Kindles. And I'm not kidding. This book scared the begeezus out of me. :)

"This book scared me! I also could not put it down. Ms. Montandon's writing is quite captivating, and her story is true, frightening, exceedingly tragic, and breathtakingly sad.

I do highly recommend this book to those who are interested in the paranormal, and not just fictional ghost stories. There are no bodies levitating or cornflakes being hurled across the room by an unseen force. Still, what this woman experienced was gut-wrenchingly horrifying. Every aspect of her life seemed affected by whatever dark forces existed inside this grand home that had been turned into apartments."

message 36: by M.S. (last edited May 29, 2014 06:25PM) (new)

M.S. Nightingale (msnightwriter) It gives a lot of insight into the real life of moderately popular celebrities and writers. All through reading the book, I thought maybe there was a gas leak or bad wiring putting off too many emf's that caused so many problems, but she had family and friends who lived with her and were affected, and they did not recover after leaving. Scary, scary... She even had to give up her dog, because she was locked into a lease, and the poor dog was just falling apart.