The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Important Items > Winners Chosen for May/June 2014 Group Read

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (last edited May 07, 2014 05:57AM) (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8400 comments Mod
The poll for the May/June 2014 Group Read is now open. You can find it here. The poll will remain open until May 14th.

As a Reminder: Do not cheat or manipulate results. It is not acceptable to create fake accounts to nominate books or vote in polls and it is not acceptable to invite people to the site for the sole purpose of nominating a book or voting for a book in a poll. It is not acceptable to ask for votes or influence the poll in any way. If the moderators feel that a group read poll has been manipulated, the book in question will be disqualified. If the moderators feel that the user(s) are fake accounts, these will be reported to Goodreads for further review.

Also: If your nomination wins - you will be the discussion moderator.

Happy voting!

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (PamelaMartin) | 2 comments I would like to submit Waking The Dragon by Pamela Martin for the group to read

message 3: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited May 09, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
We're voting now, Pamela. Click on the link in comment 1 (the word here, first line)... It wll take you to the poll.

I would tell you to nominate it next month, but the group does not accept self nominations .

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 232 comments Hayes wrote: "I would tell you to nominate it next month, but the group does not accept self nominations . "

Especially when they give themselves 2 five-star reviews from different accounts...

message 5: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8400 comments Mod
Paul 'Pezski' wrote: "Hayes wrote: "I would tell you to nominate it next month, but the group does not accept self nominations . "

Especially when they give themselves 2 five-star reviews from different accounts..."

LOL

message 6: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 536 comments Have we ever read a Sam Eastland book??.

message 7: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited May 10, 2014 11:16AM) (new)

I don't know, Georgia. You can check on the shelves... the link to the group bookshelf is at the top of the page, to the right, right under the group avatar.

(I just went to check... and no, we haven't.)

message 8: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 771 comments https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

It is also at the top, the hyperlink that says "here".

message 9: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

and the winners are...

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson

and

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle

Congratulations Bernard and Flash Beagle!!

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (PamelaMartin) | 2 comments Hayes wrote: "We're voting now, Pamela. Click on the link in comment 1 (the word here, first line)... It wll take you to the poll.

I would tell you to nominate it next month, but the group does not accept self ..."

Ok sure not a problem TY!

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen I was so excited that The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5) by Arthur Conan Doyle was chosen since I already have it and have been wanting to read it for a long time. I am at 50% and finally have time to check out the discussion!