2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program Group discussion

May Books?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (deckfullojokers) I'm curious: which books are you reading this month? Books you'd recommend? Themes you're seeing?

I'm plugging along with The Twistrose Key not because it's horrible, but it's just hard for me to get sucked into it. Dying to start reading my most guilty reading pleasure, The One. I'm hoping I don't read any spoilers and ruin it for myself...I'm really good at having no self control in reading spoilers.

message 2: by Stephanie H (new)

Stephanie H (My Bookish Itinerary) | 2 comments I am also dying to start reading The One! I preordered my signed copy from Barnes and Noble, and they emailed me yesterday with tracking stating it won't get here until the 13th! So I started rereading. Just finished The Selection.
I know what you mean about trying to avoid spoilers! I really hope I don't see any either! And it is so hard! :D

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandampate) | 5 comments I plan on finishing The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson, then my list goes on to Daughter of Smoke and Bones series, A Mad Wicked Folly, If I Stay, Anthem, The Book Thief, and No One Else Can Have You. I have so many other but those are my main ones. :)

message 4: by Klara (new)

Klara (clara666) I just finish Shakespear's Sonnets and currently I am reading Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, Hell by Yasutaka Tsutsui and The Great Gatsby by F. S. Fitzgerald.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (kaitrosereads) | 3 comments Mod
So far I've read 5 books toward my goal of 50. I read We Were Liars (amazing!), The Merciless (ehh), Killer Instinct (did not enjoy at all), Red Seas Under Red Skies (such a good series), and Love and Other Foreign Words (super cute). Now I'm reading Royally Lost and The King. =)

message 6: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) The One was fantastic! :) Loved it.

I'm on a "book about books" kick, so I've got both Inkspell (listening to audio) and The Book of Lost Things going. I took a break from Book of Lost Things (not into it yet) and am half way through Cruel Beauty.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (destinyisntfree) I am chipping away. I want to read The One so bad. I preordered it for nook and it has been sitting waiting not so patiently for me.

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 1 comments Reading Guy In Real Life and Throne of Glass right now. Just finished Where The Stars Still Shine and The End or Something Like That

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1 comments Question: do short stories work or would you prefer full books?

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (deckfullojokers) They all count for me!

message 11: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) I enjoy both. Sometimes I need a shorter book to get me out of a reading funk.