Spoonie Reads discussion

Off Topic > Books into Movies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittie (last edited May 07, 2014 04:49AM) (new)

Brittie (brittiereads) | 127 comments The book is always better than the movie, right?

I've noticed that a lot of book are getting movie adaptations.

message 2: by Brittie (last edited May 07, 2014 06:38AM) (new)

Brittie (brittiereads) | 127 comments I just found out Brain on Fire is getting a movie adaptation.
Brain on Fire My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

I'm really excited for this one. It is based on a true story but I really related to it, perfect spoonie read about finding out what is wrong with you.

"I understand her relief, how important it is for your illness to have a name. Not knowing is so much worse." - Brain on Fire

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (hotmessbritt) | 76 comments Mod
Really cool that book is getting a movie adaptation! I always like movies from books that are based on true stories better than movies from completely fictional books.

Speaking of, has anyone seen Divergent? I kind of want to see it, but I'm not sure about the casting.

message 4: by Brittie (last edited May 08, 2014 07:18AM) (new)

Brittie (brittiereads) | 127 comments I prefer movies based on true story books also but then again I am scared because what if I loved the book and the movie ruins it.

A couple exceptions are Blind Side and Man on Fire, I loved the movies more.

Haven't seen Divergent but I haven't read the book either.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess Crafts (jessicacrafts) I've seen and read divergent and didn't like either :p

Am looking forward to seeing the maze runner when that comes out. Quite liked the book.