The Edits, and Everything Else! discussion

yoU with a capital U > Favorite: Color

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What's your favorite color and why?

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Blue. I don't know why. I have a weird thing with that colour. Like all the guys I have liked and my ex's, all had blue eyes. But it's not like I pick it out or anything. it just always ends up that way. I love blue to me it presents infinity. As well the sky as the sea.

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) I know. But during the day: from what I see. It's blue.
The blueness makes em happy. It means it's a good day. Sunny day.

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) The stars make me happy to though, but for a different reason obviously.

message 5: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Silver. Period. I love blue, purple, black, white and other colors, but silver is my favorite. I imagine most beautiful things as silver, somehow. Like rapiers, my favorite swords, the moon, the stars, diamonds, crystal, eyes (okay, maybe not this one)...

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Lokrow wrote: "I prefer the stars to the city lights and the moon to the sun."

Oh same. The moon is prettier than the sun. I used to be obsessed with taking pictures of the moon. I could never get it right. And I hate city lights a lot (which is why I want to move to Austria or Australia).

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) ❅║▌ Aʟᴇssɪᴀ wrote: "Silver. Period. I love blue, purple, black, white and other colors, but silver is my favorite. I imagine most beautiful things as silver, somehow. Like rapiers, my favorite swords, the moon, the st..."

makes sense :)
Like in Harry Potter 1, the go into the woods and find unicorn blood, which is also silver.

message 8: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) I agree with you guys about the moon, and I do love the stars... But for some reason I don't mind the city lights from afar. (Some pictures depict them nicely...) But yeah, sometimes they are a little annoying.

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Not from afar no, but if you are in the middle of it you can't see the stars at all. Cause the sky is clouded by the city lights. I hate that.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Orange. It's so me.
Smooth violet. It's a dark, rich color. Haha, it describes the inner me, the me who writes the poems.
Blood red. I don't really stay quiet but I don't try much to stand out either. But blood red is a color that's livid and so...deep.

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Oh wauw.. did you ever get to see the stars :P?
Though I wouldn't try and complain about living in Paris near me, if I were you :P

message 12: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Woah, blood red! I like blood red, too. I like blood for its color. (Does that sound sadist? I'm not a Vampire, try silver on me.)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, nice one.

message 14: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) And I guess I'm luckier than both of you, Lokrow and Alyssa. I live in a condominium, so there isn't a lot of light that blocks out the stars.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

(People, there's a Where We Chat thread! Sorry, if it ruins the fun though. Carry it over there, because it's supposed to be a favorite-color thread)

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess Green
Yellow &
Orange

message 17: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) Today its ruby blue. Go figure what that means *cryptic smiles*

message 18: by grace, Reading And Writing Are My Escape... (new)

grace | 98 comments Mod
Red!

message 19: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) None. Every spectrum of colors is unique, beautiful, wonderful.

Sorry for going all philosopher/dreamer there. XD But its true.

message 20: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Oh, but isn't there a color you favor more than the rest?

message 21: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) I can't ever seem to choose, so I guess that's a no.:p Is that weird?

message 22: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) I do have a thing for different shades of colors though...Like when it comes to green, I like peacock green best. And when it comes to blue, my favorite shade of blue is cobalt.

message 23: by alessia (last edited Jun 29, 2014 03:23AM) (new)

alessia (classick) Tanaz wrote: "I can't ever seem to choose, so I guess that's a no.:p Is that weird?"

Just a bit, because a lot of people have a color they like. Maybe they may not be able to decide between two, but most people like at least a range of colors. Like maybe just generally light colors or dark colors. Or any shade of yellow or green.

Example, me: I like silver, but I like black and blue too. So you could say I like cool colors and not warm colors.

message 24: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Tanaz wrote: "I do have a thing for different shades of colors though...Like when it comes to green, I like peacock green best. And when it comes to blue, my favorite shade of blue is cobalt."

I guess then that's okay. I'm kind of like that too, but I know I love silver best over other colors.

message 25: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) Silver? That's interesting. Most people choose the primary colors (blue, yellow and red) or the secondary and tertiary ones.

message 26: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) There's Tinath who says violet and blood red, so I don't think silver is really that much different. And silver is just the metallic version of grey, just like gold is the shiny version of yellow, right?

message 27: by Tanaz (new)

Tanaz Masaba (tanazmasaba) ❅║▌Aʟᴇssɪᴀ wrote: "There's Tinath who says violet and blood red, so I don't think silver is really that much different. And silver is just the metallic version of grey, just like gold is the shiny version of yellow, ..."

I DON'T KNOW! :s o.0

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

❅║▌Aʟᴇssɪᴀ wrote: "There's Tinath who says violet and blood red, so I don't think silver is really that much different. And silver is just the metallic version of grey, just like gold is the shiny version of yellow, ..."

Me either, I agree with you.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Silver
2. Purple
3. Indigo

message 30: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Ooh, silver's your favourite colour too? :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it's a beautiful colour.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

PINK!