Space Opera Fans discussion

'Young Adult' Space Opera > Honorverse YA

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (last edited May 07, 2014 01:43AM) (new)

Betsy | 880 comments Mod
Does everyone know about the Honorverse young adult series? Not sure if it quite qualifies as space opera, since it's not military or war, but is interstellar and adventurous. It's based on Honor Harrington's ancestor Stephanie, who first bonded with a treecat.

There are three books out: A Beautiful Friendship, Fire Season, and Treecat Wars. I've read the first two and enjoyed them. The third is on my kindle waiting.

A warning: the first two, at least, were based largely on already published short stories so if you've read all of the Worlds of Honor, they will be familiar.

I don't know if there will be any more.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Betsy wrote: "Does everyone know about the Honorverse young adult series? Not sure if it quite qualifies as space opera, since it's not military or war, but is interstellar and adventurous. It's based on Honor..."

I hadn't heard of that, but will look into it. Space Opera is more than military and/or war (though a lot of space opera has an epic struggle of some sort), but more of a focus on people living their lives in space.