#AYEARATHON discussion

May - Finish/Catch Up Month > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 3 & 4

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited May 07, 2014 05:57AM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2000 comments Mod
So, so far I've only read like a book & Half so after playing Odd Socks I'm going to ignore all else and READ!!!

Here's my update video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4ih...

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Ouellette | 6 comments one book down and i'm halfway through another! hoping to power read today...

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments One book through and I've just started the second one. :)

message 4: by ke-sha (new)

Alex wrote: "one book down and i'm halfway through another! hoping to power read today..."

I Just finished my Second Book, I may pick up a shorter one later today to power through.

Which book are you currently reading?

Good Luck with your power read :D

message 5: by ke-sha (new)

Regina wrote: "One book through and I've just started the second one. :)"

I just finished my 2nd :) I may pick up a shorter one Next Lol

Which book are you currently reading?

Happy Reading :D

message 6: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianalovesbooks) | 4 comments I finally finish Across the Universe, which I was already reading when the readathon started, and I'm now starting the 2nd one. I hope I can read this one faster...!

message 7: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianalovesbooks) | 4 comments I finally finish Across the Universe, which I was already reading when the readathon started, and I'm now starting the 2nd one. I hope I can read this one faster...!

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments I finished "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" and "The One" and now I've started to read "Splintered" by A.G. Howard :) I will finish it today and start "House of Many Ways" :)

message 9: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Mod
hey y'all! sorry i was MIA last night! a friend was having a crisis, so i couldnt tweet/instagram/comment! i also got no reading done :(

BUT today is a new day and ill be finishing world after if it kills me! what are y'all reading on this fine wednesday?

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. :)

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments I finished "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" and "The One" and now I've started to read "Splintered" by A.G. Howard :) I will finish it today and start "House of Many Ways" :3

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Ignore my last message my phone was being dumb and said I hadn't hit done so I did then I noticed it actually went through the first time -.-'

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

finished Charmed Thirds an hour ago.
abselutely love it :D

message 14: by Cathryn (new)

Cathryn (la_knight89) | 10 comments I finished Scarlet this morning! Now onto my second book! Woot!

message 15: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments I'm nearly half way through Sweet Peril. I'm kinda proud of myself.
Tomorrow I have an English exam, but after that the whole day is mine to read. Maybe I'll give myself a little break to watch Reign but that's all.

message 16: by ke-sha (new)

Mariana wrote: "I finally finish Across the Universe, which I was already reading when the readathon started, and I'm now starting the 2nd one. I hope I can read this one faster...!"

How are you liking it? I tried starting Across the universe but I didn't get past the First Chapter. I hope to get to it one day still since I own the who series Lol

Good Luck and Happy Reading :D

message 17: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments So far I am still on my first book. Day 1 and 2 I read a chapter each day because both days was full of either me throwing up and being sick or full of dentist appointments where I ended up sleeping away the pain. BUTTTTTTT today was much better, I read 2 chapters while I was at the eye doctor and 2 more chapters just sitting home. I am a little less than half way done with True by Hilary Duff and I think I will just reread Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan because my Kiera Cass book doesn't make it here til most likely Friday

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hana'a wrote: "So far I am still on my first book. Day 1 and 2 I read a chapter each day because both days was full of either me throwing up and being sick or full of dentist appointments where I ended up sleepin..."

aww :/ I hate being sick so biig hug from me. get better soon.
titans curse great book :D

message 19: by ke-sha (new)

Kit Foxy wrote: "I finished "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" and "The One" and now I've started to read "Splintered" by A.G. Howard :) I will finish it today and start "House of Many Ways" :)"

Wow, your a reading Machine and you mention 3 series that I own and need to start soon Lol

message 20: by ke-sha (new)

Kerri wrote: "hey y'all! sorry i was MIA last night! a friend was having a crisis, so i couldnt tweet/instagram/comment! i also got no reading done :(

BUT today is a new day and ill be finishing world after if..."

Don't worry about it Kerri,
Aww I hope you friend is better.
Hope you can get some reading done today :D

message 21: by ke-sha (new)

Regina wrote: "Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. :)"

I really enjoyed Sweet Evil but its been so long since Ive read it that I need to (Re)Read it before reading the next two :)

Hope you enjoying it :D

message 22: by ke-sha (new)

Kit Foxy wrote: "Ignore my last message my phone was being dumb and said I hadn't hit done so I did then I noticed it actually went through the first time -.-'"

Lol okay then well just Ignore my response back to your Message that you didn't meant to send Lol

message 23: by Aainaa Sofiyah (new)

Aainaa Sofiyah (sofiyahb) | 9 comments I think I got a little ambitious on my TBR for my first AYearAThon, it's already the third day and I'm still only halfway through House of Hades! Started a day late though, I think I overestimated my capability haha! But hopefully my reading speed picks up.

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex Ouellette | 6 comments i've finished 3 books already and I'm not sure which one I'm moving onto next....

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments ke-sha wrote: "Kit Foxy wrote: "I finished "Dreams of Gods and Monsters" and "The One" and now I've started to read "Splintered" by A.G. Howard :) I will finish it today and start "House of Many Ways" :)"

Wow, y..."

Thanks :D hahaha you better get to it! They're all really good! I'm enjoying "Splintered" so far! Haha nah I won't ignore you're message! Hope your reading is going well this week :)

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (aclunz) | 404 comments Mod
Now that my finals are over, I can FINALLY begin reading for #AYearAThon. I'm starting off with Gabriel's Redemptoin!

message 27: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 5 comments I was slow to start reading this week, but I finished Son today. :) It was a nice end to the Giver Quartet, though I do wish a couple other things in the series were answered in the final book.

On to The Last Olympian!

message 28: by ke-sha (new)

Oda wrote: "finished Charmed Thirds an hour ago.
abselutely love it :D"

I have the first book on My wish-list but I remembered that I read the Synopsis for every book because I was curious to see where it was heading Lol

message 29: by ke-sha (new)

Cathryn wrote: "I finished Scarlet this morning! Now onto my second book! Woot!"

Yay!!
Scarlet Marissa Meyer?
Does this mean your reading Cress next?

message 30: by ke-sha (new)

Regina wrote: "I'm nearly half way through Sweet Peril. I'm kinda proud of myself.
Tomorrow I have an English exam, but after that the whole day is mine to read. Maybe I'll give myself a little break to watch Re..."

Good luck on your Exam :)
Aww Reign Ive given up watching that for now I just can't stand Francis.
Although Tumblr does keep me updated on everything that happens so in a since Im still watching it lol

message 31: by ke-sha (new)

Neptune wrote: "I just finished my first book: Quicksilver. It has left me speechless."

Quicksliver? R.J Anderson? I've been wanting to read Ultraviolet but it never makes it to the check out point Lol

message 32: by David (new)

David | 6 comments I've started Crescendo and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

My total number of pages is about at 520 right now.

message 33: by Crissie (new)

Crissie Wood (ctwood09) | 8 comments So I finished reading Sea of Shadows (4 stars) on Monday and The One(5 stars), read the whole thing Tuesday. Now I'm starting Cress! Yay!

Here is my update video if you want to check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj76n...

message 34: by ke-sha (new)

Hana'a wrote: "So far I am still on my first book. Day 1 and 2 I read a chapter each day because both days was full of either me throwing up and being sick or full of dentist appointments where I ended up sleepin..."

Well I'm glad that your feeling better and now you can read YAY!!!

That sucks about the Kiera Cass book. Were you expecting The one? I just got it myself but I haven't Read The Selection yet..I have a Pre-Ordered/Buying entire series Problem Lol

Hope your reading is going good :D

message 35: by Alyssa (new)

I've finally broken 100 pages for this thon.

message 36: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 170 comments Finished my third book this week, Empire Strikes Back. Taking a break, then moving onto the final Star Wars movie novel, Return of the Jedi.

message 37: by ke-sha (new)

Aainaa Sofiyah wrote: "I think I got a little ambitious on my TBR for my first AYearAThon, it's already the third day and I'm still only halfway through House of Hades! Started a day late though, I think I overestimated ..."

Lol I started feeling that way Im just like Im so behind Lol and then I think about my TBR for this month in general and its like O_O what were you thinking!!! Lol

If I maged to finish all the books I said I would Im planning to start Mark Of Athena & House Of Hades...Why I do this to myself I cannot fathom lol

message 38: by ke-sha (new)

Alex wrote: "i've finished 3 books already and I'm not sure which one I'm moving onto next...."

So Im guessing your Power reading went good :D

message 39: by ke-sha (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Now that my finals are over, I can FINALLY begin reading for #AYearAThon. I'm starting off with Gabriel's Redemptoin!"

Yay, For Reading and Good Job on Breaking a 100 pages :D

message 40: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments it's 1:33 am and I only have about 50 pages left in my book. went from chapter 5 to chapter 16 now I'm off to bed

message 41: by ke-sha (new)

Jodi wrote: "I was slow to start reading this week, but I finished Son today. :) It was a nice end to the Giver Quartet, though I do wish a couple other things in the series were answered in the final book.

On..."

Oh Man that sucks, I need to read the 3 books after The Giver stat. I just hope I like them Since The Giver is one of my favorite books

Yay, Percy Jackson time!!

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 122 comments 3 days gone. I suck! I had big plans to read 6 books this week and so far I've read 90 pgs and finished 'World After' and now i'm 30% into Frostbite. I also listened to 6 chapters of Cress on audiable. Not impressive enough grrr! Tomorrow is a new day.

message 43: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 170 comments Melissa wrote: "3 days gone. I suck! I had big plans to read 6 books this week and so far I've read 90 pgs and finished 'World After' and now i'm 30% into Frostbite. I also listened to 6 chapters of Cress on audia..."

You still have time. I think finishing just one book is good enough. :)

message 44: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments I was reading A Feast for Crows, but it is slow going. I've decided to add Mortal Coil to my read-a-thon because it'll be an easier read.

Not much reading done today, i've spent the last hour trimming 60 books from my tbr goodreads shelf...

message 45: by Raciel (new)

Raciel jasper forsythe | 21 comments i finished books three and four in the saga of larten crepsley series and book seven in the chronicles of narnia (the ending shares first place with the final book in the saga of darren shan series for worst ending in a final book)

message 46: by Alyssa (new)

I'm now 160 pages in and am hoping to finish my book at work! After that, I'll pick up The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns or Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth. I'm hoping to get a jump start on June's read-a-thon.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Sisterhood Everlasting
finished this 30 min ago

message 48: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia_) | 2 comments I've already re-read The Selection and The Elite these past two days and today I've started The One! a book in a day - for me it's a lightning speed ))

message 49: by Kerri (new)

hey y'all, how's your thursday going? i finished World After (sequel to Angelfall) last night and gave it 4 stars :) i have class and an honors society induction, then a paper to finish tonight, but i don't have friday classes so tonight and tomorrow will be all about Cress! from there, we'll see what happens!

how have y'all been? how many books have you finished? what's been your favorite so far? let us know! we love that so many of y'all are participating and having a great time! happy reading, y'all! :)

message 50: by Kerri (new)

Nastya wrote: "I've already re-read The Selection and The Elite these past two days and today I've started The One! a book in a day - for me it's a lightning speed ))"

ooh im so excited to start the One...hopefully i can get my hands on a hard cover soon! :)

« previous 1