Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
This topic is about Fallen
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate → Start Date: May 15, 2014

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Join Isabel and I as we read this book! :)

message 2: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 07, 2014 07:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I'm in! Already planning to start reading this series for a long time :P
Are we reading all 4 books?
Cannot wait for the movie, it's coming out this year and Jeremy Irvine Oh God *excited*

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Miodrag Glad you're going to join us! I would like to read all 4 books. I've heard about the movie just never knew when it was coming out or the cast. Now I must look it up. :)

message 4: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 09, 2014 03:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "@Miodrag Glad you're going to join us! I would like to read all 4 books. I've heard about the movie just never knew when it was coming out or the cast. Now I must look it up. :)"

Then I will read all 4 books with you guys. :) Cannot wait to start.
Just one more thing, do we have some time when are we starting with book two, or are we going to start immediately after we end with first book? or we have some time to read first book, like one week, two etc.. and same with other 3 books?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey. Everyone. Id love to join ive geard plenty about these vooks but i have never read them. Whe. Are you starting

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Zaynah wrote: "Hey. Everyone. Id love to join ive geard plenty about these vooks but i have never read them. Whe. Are you starting"

Hey Zaynah, we are starting next Thursday(May 15) :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Miodrag I'm not sure how we are going to decide when we will read the next book, probably decide once we get closer to finishing this one. Since I have other books I will be reading this month I need to figure it out.

message 8: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 10, 2014 12:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "@Miodrag I'm not sure how we are going to decide when we will read the next book, probably decide once we get closer to finishing this one. Since I have other books I will be reading this month I n..."

I asked, because I also got some other books to read, that's why I hope it's not one week, because I will be busy with other books and also some other stuff :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Miodrag Yeah we can figure out when to read the next book once this book is almost done. So we can both work around our schedules.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) So is there a way we wanted to read this book tomorrow?

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "So is there a way we wanted to read this book tomorrow?"

I started reading first book :D
But I just read first chapter, later will continue!

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay I will start the book tomorrow, since I'm already in the middle of another buddy reads at the moment.

Isabel Falabella (belleherondale) | 13 comments I already started!!! Loving Cam so much at the moment!!!

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I will be starting at some point today. Excited to start it though! :)

message 15: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 15, 2014 09:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I've read first three chapters and I like it for now! Going slowly... :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm a little behind, I'm going to read some of the book right now. Hope you are enjoying it! :)

message 17: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 17, 2014 04:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments It's nice so far, but I hope it gets better, I am kinda getting bored here (and I'm still stuck at the start, read one other book yesterday :P) and I don't like Daniel and Cam at all. But I like Luce and Arianne, I hope story gets interesting soon...

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Yeah I hope so also! :) I'm in the middle of two other books right now.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm 3 chapters in so far and I'm liking it, very interesting. (view spoiler)

Isabel Falabella (belleherondale) | 13 comments I really liked the book! I already finished it... It's kinda slow, not so action packed as others in YA, but I really like it, and for some reason, I like Cam a lot, a lot better than Daniel... *weird* > but true... =/ Arriane is the crazy best friend that I love to find (in books) > I want one in real life!

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm still toward the beginning of the book but I'm liking it so far. I like Cam also so far, Daniel needs to win me over and he hasn't yet. I know what you means she is funny though. Glad you enjoyed it!

message 22: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 19, 2014 10:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I am stuck at the beginning too, precisely chapter four. I decided to stop with this book for now and read some others, will get back to it this weekend. Daniel really needs to win me over, because I totally don't like him, I just hope something starts to happen, it's quite slow book and no action...

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I know what you mean, I'm on chapter 6 so far but plan to read more tomorrow. That's okay no need to rush reading the book. I agree Daniel needs to win me over because he is not doing that so far, he's making me dislike him.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) How is it going with the book? I'm about 15 chapters in so far, and I'm enjoying it but it is a bit slow though.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay now I'm starting to get more into the book towards the end which is weird. It seems to get more interesting towards the end.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Miodrag wrote: "I am stuck at the beginning too, precisely chapter four. I decided to stop with this book for now and read some others, will get back to it this weekend. Daniel really needs to win me over, because..."

Did you still want to read the second book after this one, I'm going to finish this book tonight so I was just wondering if you wanted to start it after this one?

message 27: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 24, 2014 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Miodrag wrote: "I am stuck at the beginning too, precisely chapter four. I decided to stop with this book for now and read some others, will get back to it this weekend. Daniel really needs to win ..."

I stopped with this book, I just couldn't keep going. So sorry, I really wanted to read whole series with you guys, but I didn't expect it to be this boring and totally no action ... but...

ok, because I'll have really too much time this weekend, my computer died, lovely, totally unexpected and when I needed it. LOL But, anyway, I'll give this book one more chance, will try to finish it till Monday, then I will inform you if I'm going to continue reading or not. I hope that's ok? :)
and now when I heard from you that book got interesting at the end, uhh I'm excited!

Amanda (amandamarieeee) That's totally okay don't feel bad not everyone like's every book and some don't finish. I plan on starting the second book on June 1st, if you wanted to join if not I'm okay with reading it alone. :)

I felt like towards the end it starts to pick up a bit more and get's more interesting. That's how I felt who knows if you will feel the same way though. Haven't finished the book yet so who knows how it really ends but I feel like it starts to pick up between chapters 10 and 15. Hopefully you end up liking it a little bit, but I do get what you mean by the slowness of the book.

Isabel Falabella (belleherondale) | 13 comments I already finished the second book, it's better than the first one, but it bothers me how long it takes the reader to start finding answers... this books are slow, but interesting! :)

message 30: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 25, 2014 11:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Just finished with Fallen! (my review)

After reading, I think it was one ok book, and end is the most interesting part in this book, at least for me, and I am sure for most of the people who read this book. As I already said story is pretty slow.. that is why I didn't like this book so much. But I'll read book two with you, at the end I'm a little (ok, maybe more than a little) excited for book two, when are we starting?

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Isabel I'm glad to hear the second book is better then the first. Glad you are enjoying them. I agree they are a bit slower but that's okay.

@Miodrag I'm glad you liked the ending, I sadly haven't finished yet I have been busy but I'm going to finish it right now. I wanted to read the second book on June 1st if you wanted to join and read it with me, we can make a thread! :)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments June 1st is totally OK with me. Till then I will have time to read some other books. :P

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay cool I will make the thread for it now, I have 4 chapters left to finish in this book! I have other books I will be reading before it also so that works. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Here's the thread for the second book. :)
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Ugh damn headaches! I'm getting a bad one so I had to take a break from reading or else it will just get worse and I won't want to read so hopefully after I eat and this medication kicks in I will finish the book.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay just finished the book. The ending was really the best part of the book, glad to be starting the second book on the 1st. :)