Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Peeta in Catching Fire

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessa I like Peeta, don't get me wrong. He's sweet, charming and brave but is it just me or in the second book was Peeta really ... how should I say this ... not helpful in the arena. He seemed to back into trouble/poisonous gas/monkeys ... etc.

Once again, I like his sweet attitude and generosity and he did have his triumphant moments, I just feel he wasn't quite on his toes.

Line I think that's just how Peeta is...

Yes, he wasn't all that much help in the arena, but on the Victory tour, he definetly was the one leading Katniss...

Jessa I agree with that, that is an interesting point.

message 4: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel The Victory Tour wasn't Katniss' speciality, so Peeta helped her out. But Katniss is more of the fighting type, so was better at it than Peeta was ^.^

Shaye Peeta is dominate in real life settings. That is what appealed to me about him. He and Katniss complimented each other.

Kitten I never really saw Peeta as skilled in the arena to begin with. As some others have said I also think he has other strong suits such as his social skills, whereas Katniss is lacking in that area. For this reason, I think they make a great team.

Claire Shaye wrote: "Peeta is dominate in real life settings. That is what appealed to me about him. He and Katniss complimented each other."

I agree, he was also the one they were trying to save, so they wouldn't really want him to do much.