so you like YA?! discussion

Archives > Ten Tiny Breaths By: K.A Tucker *Spoiler* Starts: May 9

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments I'm excited! I have had this book for a while :)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I'll join. I was gona start it today but hadn't got to it yet.

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Awesome! I love when there's a lot of people to discuss a book :)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Epi-2

Well that was certainly a sad way to start a book. Do you think Billy was her bf?
Is it really that easy to say you're a guardian to a minor?
I wonder what Storm's profession is since the blurb says her name matches it.

message 5: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Guys! I didn't realize that I had two buddy-reads going on already and have three coming up! I think I'm going to have to pass on this one, I'm so sorry! :(

message 6: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (newfacesandplaces) | 1582 comments Me too! :(

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I wish I would work out like that too lol.

Chapters 3-5

So I'm really enjoying this. Its more intense(?) than the other books I've been reading.

I like Storm. She's really caring and more perceptive than she seems. Livie is so sweet volunteering to help out with Mia as much as she does.
I'm not sure about Trent yet. I mean you got to love a guy that will break down your front and bothroom doors to rescue you when you're screaming but the fact that he keeps showing up placed and admits he went to the laundry room because he saw her there is a little stalkerish.
And Kacey really needs to stop throwing herself at men. I mean I actually felt bad for Ben.

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments It just seems like she doesn't want their hands touching hers, but everywhere else is ok lol

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments It doesn't say she went to therapy after her parents died, she probably should've.

message 10: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I'm not sure. I use a randomizer app for the books I have planned to read each month lol. I know I have to sometime soon.

Btw do you know how many pgs we read yesterday? Mines an ebook and I was going to count what I read starting today for the 6,000 pg challenge but I haven't been able to figure out how much to leave off for yesterday.

message 11: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Yea I thought of it one day because I hated trying to figure out what to read next. I love it I only have to edit it for series (add book 2 after I've read book 1) it did take me a few tries to find one I could edit like that though.

Thanks!

message 12: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Chapters 6-8

On the bright side there appears to be no weirdness between Kacey and Ben. But the fact that he's telling her to go for it with Trent in itself is a little weird (did that make sense?)
I like how the relationship between Kacey and Storm is developing, she seems like a good person. I was a little shocked at Cain myself, he really doesn't fit the strip club owner stereotype.
I'm starting to like Trent he's actually very sweet and understanding. (Even though sitting in a strip club all night drinking club soda is still a little stalkerish)

I'm also starting to feel duped in my marriage. Is there really guys like these book characters out there? Did I get ripped off? Maybe I should stop reading romances lol.

message 13: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Well now I feel bad for Trent he was just trying to help.

message 14: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I didn't know there was a novella. I'll see if I can get it and know things I shouldn't too lol

message 15: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Turns out the novella isn't available until September so I stayed away from the blurb lol

message 16: by ☆Joycedale☆ (last edited May 13, 2014 07:23AM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments Chapter 12-14
I bet Trent knows Cole or OMG Trent is Cole! That has to be it. Kacey is going to be so pissed! I bet that's why he is so insistent on her going to therapy. She'll flipping kill him especially since they had sex.
Dan needs to leave Storm alone, that was her job when they met. I realize she was in danger but they've only been out a few times he can't tell her what to do.
What happened to Livie? She ain't been around much.

I'm really liking it. Its a very interesting story.

message 17: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I can't believe I was right :-(
Trents father seems like a really good guy though.

message 18: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I accidentally finished lol. I got caught up in it and didn't realize until I got to the epilogue.

Trent was kind of stalkerish. I mean he hacked her email so he could move in next door to her apartment before she does, but I'm glad she didn't press charges.
I love her dr he's pretty funny. There is a scene involving a mirror that had me crying. But the ending was so great. I really liked this book.

message 19: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1109 comments I went and read the blurb for the novella, they read need to label it 1.5 if it was me I would read them in order and it would give away a major plot twist before I even started book 1. Do they not think about these things?