YA Book Club discussion

BOTM Book > The One by Kiera Cass (May 2014)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Here it is! Post if your reading it, what page your on, when your done reading it!

message 2: by Evelynne (new)

Evelynne | 1 comments Listening to it in audiobook format. In the middle of chapter 7. Good stuff.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished it about half an hour ago! It's so good!!

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (natalie95) | 1 comments I finished the book two hours ago! It left me kind of happy-sad-bittersweet idk! Somtimes I loved America and sometimes I felt frustrated from her actions! As for for aspen and Maxon,Well,i'll be discussing the book thoroughly in a review soon,follow me to read it

message 5: by Kei (new)

Kei Hoya (epicfairytale) I'm finished. It was good. Celeste became my favorite among the Elites. I didn't expect that coming, though :) It ended up good and I'm gratified with it. Still wishing that there will be a novella about their future babies <3

message 6: by Shanna (new)

Shanna (probinshanna) | 2 comments i am so thrilled! about 25% of the book. pleasedon't put any spoilers in here, thanks

message 7: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments OMG!! I finished it a few minutes ago and I quickly grabbed my ipod so that I could get here and discuss it!!! AHHHHHH

message 8: by Aia (new)

Aia S. I read it in less than 6 hours yesterday it was so good x)
Although i did put it down a few times to fangirl out loud.
A thing i never planned on EVER saying: I love Celeste. I mean I really hated her before but she quickly became one of my favorite characters and, dare i say, may have surpassed Marlee in my list of favorite characters. She really is one of the more complex characters of the series and cracking open that frustrating and aggravating shell was extremely worth it because we really ended up with a perfectly flawed character, with her own fears and hopes. And while The One boosted my feelings for Celeste in the positive direction, it really made me dislike Kriss. I found her to be a real hypocrite and, to be honnest, a two faced bitch. I would have gladly had the rebels shoot her in the back of the head instead of Celeste...
And ahhhhh Maxon and America!!
Now THEY made me have alot of feels and man was this book full of emotional ups and downs. I really was frustrated at first with the fact America wouldn't admit her *extremely clear to all of us* feelings to herself, then, i got frustrated at both her and Maxon because they clearly love eachother so damn much, but wouldn't admit it to one another, also i was really pissed at America and Maxon seperately during most of the book, either when he wouldn't listen to her (towards the end), or when she messed shit up and pushed him away (something thatt's been happening since The Elite really.
Now the one thing that really made me ugly sob was the Queen and America's relationship, and the Queen's death. Just seeing her tear up when America calls her Mom, and all those little winks she sent her really built up my affection for her, even if she barely said anything althrough the book, and my heart really broke when she died because i felt like America was, in a way, losing yet another parent in such a small amount of time and just UGH FEELS.
All in all I absolutely loved this book, all of the connections to the northern rebels and how they allied with them to stop the southern rebels and kill all the bad bitches! And that one part when America has just been shot and is hiding and the little girl comes and keeps her company and is so much smarter than her age, the kind of smart that is only learnt throught the toughness of the streets, I really felt for her and just yeah.
In conclusion I REALLY LOVED THE BOOK <3

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments I was trying to download it from the australian amazon kindle store, but it seems to have disappeared? Would any of you know why?

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments THIS BOOK WAS FANTASTIC! though im not happy with most of the character deaths, it did end nicely.

message 11: by Emmylil (new)

Emmylil | 4 comments I got it the day it came out and finished it the next day...

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hughes | 4 comments I finished it the day it came out and Ughhhh! The emotions!

message 13: by Iza Belle (new)

Iza Belle (myownbook) | 18 comments Finished it about 15 minutes ago and I don't know, it left me with this bittersweet feeling when I finished it. I was definitely frustrated and ecstatic at the same time while reading this book, obviously for the things that happen in the book but specifically on the decisions that America makes and the things that happens to her friends and family. Anyways, I don't want to rewrite the not-so thorough review I had already written for it. I just want to say THAT THIS BOOK IS AMAZING AND I THINK EVERYONE HAS TO KNOW ABOUT IT BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT WILL COMPLETE THEIR LIVES.

message 14: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Martin (maddygm) | 4 comments MAXON! WHEN DID YOU SUDDENLY TURN INTO AN IMPULSIVE JERK! NOOOOOO!!!

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hughes | 4 comments OK, I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!! I READ THIS BOOK MONTHS AGO WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, AND THE FANGIRL FEELS ARE STILL WITH ME.I HAD TO WAIT LIKE A MONTH FOR MY FRIEND TO FINISH READING IT BEFORE I COULD TALK TO HER ABOUT. THIS BOOK UPSETS ME.