When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7) When Maidens Mourn discussion

Where is the baby?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susan I am about a quarter of the way through this book (no spoilers please).

In the last book, Sebastian and Hero got married because she was carrying his child. In this book, at least not yet, there is no mention of her pregnancy and/or their child.

Did I miss something? What happened to the baby? It's been a while since I read #6 - was there a miscarriage? a book #6.5? Something else? A baby seems like a big deal, especially as it was the cause of the marriage and major change in the characterization and plot trajectory in the series. I am enjoying both but the baby is the cause and now the baby has disappeared.

Without giving away the plot/ending, please could someone tell me - what happened to the baby?

Spike No worries Hero and Sebastian have their baby. The blessed event does not happen until Why Kings Confess Book 9. Keep Reading!

Susan Spike wrote: "No worries Hero and Sebastian have their baby. The blessed event does not happen until Why Kings Confess Book 9. Keep Reading!"

Thank you! I am enjoying Sebastian's relationship with Hero; I think that the two characters work well together and will lead to some interesting plots coming up. But, it had been troubling me to find out what happened to the baby.

Spike Your welcome. Glad you are enjoying the series as I am too.

Merle Time runs very slowly in their world, apparently. They have had at least 4 mysteries since Hero became pregnant and one more to go!

Susan Merle wrote: "Time runs very slowly in their world, apparently. They have had at least 4 mysteries since Hero became pregnant and one more to go!"

Heehee. I'm glad my life is not that action-packed; I am busy enough as it is.

Veronica Yes, time moves very slowly in Sebastian's world. If I remember correctly, When Maidens Mourn picks up only four days after the wedding at the end of Where Shadows Dance, and then the next book picks up 3-4 months later (when Hero would've been about six months pregnant). Poor Hero had the longest pregnancy!
I just love this series and Sebastian and his wonderful Hero.

Michell Karnes I too love this series. I had figured out time was moving slowly in their world or as has been mentioned they are very busy solving crimes. I am anxious to read "When Kings Confess" just waiting for my library to get it in.

Susan Michell wrote: "I too love this series. I had figured out time was moving slowly in their world or as has been mentioned they are very busy solving crimes. I am anxious to read "When Kings Confess" just waiting ..."

I'm waiting for my library to get it in too. I have the worst timing (or perhaps my library does) - my requests all seem to come available at the same time. I've started limiting myself to only one or two at a time so that I am not flooded with 'I've been waiting to read this one!' books.

Michell Karnes I agree, I have to contain myself from requesting too many books at once and it seems my favorite authors' newest books come in all at once.

Veronica I hope you both enjoy When Kings Confess. I loved it. I'm already itching for the next book and the wait until March 2015 seems so far away. But again, not much time will pass between books. The author stated on her blog that book #10, Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr, #10) by C.S. Harris , will pick up seven weeks after Why Kings Confess.