New Adult Book Club discussion

Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
This topic is about Breakable
Archived Monthly Group Reads > May 2014 Contemporary Group Read - Breakable

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments Were you as excited as me for more Lucas? If you are reading Breakable and want to discuss, please share your thoughts with the group.

Ashley (migamoo) | 4 comments I read this last month. It is amazing.

Megan | 2 comments the first book, Easy, was amazing. I loved Lucas. this book made me love him so much more...his character had so many layers. fantastic read. it sucked me in and I couldn't put it down!

Chris | 30 comments I didn't even realize Lucas had a book until now!! Where have I been?!! And yes I did just immediately buy this! I'm going to lose so much sleep staying up to read this.

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) Loved Lucas much! Me and my friends are buddy reading this wonderful book this coming Monday! :)

Megan | 2 comments I bought it immediately and didn't stop till I was done...I want me a lucas! ;)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 5 comments I just recieved this book from a friend! I going to start it tonight. I am excited to visit these characters again.

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 5 comments I just finished this and I loved it. I need to get and reread the first one.

Chris | 30 comments I really wanted to love this. ): I'm so disappointed. This sucks. I loved those Lucas parts but the Landon parts were killing me! My feelings were ambivalent. ;_;

message 11: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments I fell hard for Lucas when I read Easy. That book was my first Indie and my first NA. Lucas was my first contemporary book boy crush. Mr. Darcy and Jamie Fraser from Outlander were my first - before I knew the term book boyfriend, but I digress.
I was pretty excited to know more about Landon and the experiences that made him the man he is today. My heart broke for him. I think Ms. Webber did a great job of telling the story of Landon and Lucas and I grew to love this man even more.

What did you think? Did you like the alternating past and present? Did your feelings for Lucas change? Do you hope for more in this series, like a peek inside the relationship between two other characters I won't name?

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 48 comments I really liked it too. I thought the alternating past and present was a nice touch. It felt like we were reading about two different people, which showed us how much Lucas changed from his teenage years to the man he is now.

Constance (cons_tay) | 1 comments I did not like it as much as Easy. I liked Lucas parts more than the Landon parts too!

Jennifer Comeaux Did anyone else like the Landon parts more than the Lucas parts? I loved seeing what shaped Lucas into the person he is today, and so many things made sense about him after getting a glimpse into his life after his mother died. I found the Lucas parts to be a little too focused on his obsessive thoughts about Jacqueline, almost to the point where I found them a bit creepy. I also wanted to see more of his emotional connection with Jacqueline rather than more detailed physical scenes.

message 15: by Ruben (new)

Ruben (r_rod09) I thought Landon's life was a pretty awesome read. Still not done with the book, though. I wonder what happens between Jacqueline and Lucas

Rebecca | 15 comments Jennifer wrote: "Did anyone else like the Landon parts more than the Lucas parts? I loved seeing what shaped Lucas into the person he is today, and so many things made sense about him after getting a glimpse into h..."

Jennifer, I agree! I loved the Landon parts. Some of the Lucas parts were fun to read from his pov, but I found him a creepy, too...