A Foray Into Fantasy discussion

A Song of Ice and Fire > Books vs. TV show

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms (last edited May 06, 2014 01:33PM) (new)

Scott (scott18044) | 23 comments Mod
How do you guys think the HBO TV show Game of Thrones compares to the book series?

For some reason, it took me the longest time to watch the TV series after reading the books.. I really have no idea why. I like the TV show well enough now, even if I don't think it can really compare well to the books. I think it is more of a void-filler for me, whilst we wait until GRRM releases The Winds of Winter..

message 2: by Ashley, Khaleesi across the Narrow Sea (new)

Ashley (ashleydpt) | 32 comments Mod
The first few seasons I thought they did a great job keeping with the books. I think so far this season we've seen the biggest diversions from the books. Besides the fact that they didn't make the alter scene between Jaime and Cersei consensual (I am not bringing that whole issue up again becauseI had very intense and violently negative things to say about that for about 2 weeks after it aired and I'm finally past it) and they did that whole weird thing with Crastor's Keep 2 episodes ago, I've really enjoyed the series and watching the things that happen come to life.

At the end of the day I think it has just been something that I'm going to have to live with. The books are not the show, and the show is separate from the books. As long as I keep that separation in my head, I tend to enjoy both of them a great deal. (view spoiler)