What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Where I Want to Be
This topic is about Where I Want to Be
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Contemporary Novel Featuring Two Opposite Sisters [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Samantha | 5 comments I read this certain book in 2004 or 2005. I bought it at Barnes & Noble. All I can remember is it was told in two perspectives of these sisters. One has some mental issues that she is made fun of for. The other is average, embarrassed of her sister. In the end the mental sister walks out in traffic on purpose I think and kills herself. The book cover was dark blue with a lighted house in the middle. I believe the author was female. I can't remember the title or author's name. I remember I really liked it. It's set in modern day.

Samantha | 5 comments I wish I could remember the name of this book! I think one of the sisters were names Jane?

Samantha | 5 comments Also for some reason the word "anywhere" might be in the title. I'm thinking really hard here. Hope someone can figure it out.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37392 comments Mod
Is it adult or YA?

Samantha | 5 comments I read it when I was 10, and it probably wasn't appropriate for me to read it then. I'd say YA.

message 6: by Serendi (new)

Serendi I remembered a thread like this so I Googled...

Is it Where I Want to Be by Adele Griffin?

Samantha | 5 comments Oh my gosh! That's the book! You're amazing. How did you figure it out? I've been looking for this book for years!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Where I Want to Be (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Adele Griffin (other topics)