A Foray Into Fantasy discussion

Robin Hobb series > Which series have you read?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms (last edited May 06, 2014 08:30AM) (new)

Scott (scott18044) | 23 comments Mod
Robin Hobb has written numerous series and built up a complex world in her Realm of the Elderlings set. Of all of the Robin Hobb Fantasy series, which ones have you already read? Do you plan to read any more soon? And which series was the most enjoyable to read?

Try to avoid posting major spoilers in this thread please, as it's entirely possible that not everybody has got around to reading all of her stories yet.

I, personally, have only read the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies at the moment, although I am about to start the Liveship Traders trilogy and will probably progress onto the Rain Wild Chronicles at some point in the future. Picking a favourite book is tough- I think I enjoyed Fool's Fate the most, but on the whole I preferred the original Farseer Trilogy.

Books by Robin Hobb:

The Realm of the Elderlings:

-The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince

Farseer Trilogy
-Assassin's Apprentice
-Royal Assassin
-Assassin's Quest

Liveship Traders Trilogy
-Ship of Magic
-Mad Ship
-Ship of Destiny

Tawny Man Trilogy
-Fool's Errand
-The Golden Fool
-Fool's Fate

Rain Wild Chronicles
-The Dragon Keeper
-Dragon Haven
-City of Dragons
-Blood of Dragons

Other Fantasy series:

Second Son Trilogy
-Shaman's Crossing
-Forest Mage
-Renegade's Magic

message 2: by Ashley, Khaleesi across the Narrow Sea (new)

Ashley (ashleydpt) | 32 comments Mod
Well I've read the Farseer Trilogy and the Tawny Man Trilogy. I am not sure which book is my favorite, although I really enjoyed the second book in the Farseer Trilogy, Royal Assassin and Fool's Fate from the Tawny Man trilogy.

I am looking forward to starting the Liveship traders at some point and eventually the Rain Wild Chronicles and I am SO UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED For Fool's Assassin which comes out later this year. I might have already pre-ordered it, which is ridiculous given I have all the other books on my kindle, but I don't even care. I'm hoping to get it signed too so...we'll see! But I love Robin Hobb So I'm eagerly looking forward to reading all her other things too!!

message 3: by Cas (new)

Cas Blomberg (casblomberg) I've read the Farseer Trilogy and the Tawny Man Trilogy. I've read the first book of the Live Ship Traders and the first book of the Rain Wild Chronicles. I still think the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies were fantastic.

I had no idea Fool's Assassin was coming out! I'm definitely out of it.

I also want to read the other books she wrote. What was her other pen name? Has anyone read those?

message 4: by Ashley, Khaleesi across the Narrow Sea (new)

Ashley (ashleydpt) | 32 comments Mod
Oh right! Megan Lindholm I think is the name she wrote the other books under. I haven't read any of them yet, but a few of them look really interesting. I know at least one of them is urban fantasy as opposed to high fantasy, so it would be cool to see her take on that sort of thing.

message 5: by Cas (new)

Cas Blomberg (casblomberg) That's it! Lindholm. I've just added a few of them to my to-read shelf and maybe I'll dig into them this summer. Like you, I'm curious to see how she handles a different sub-genre. She typically has strong prose, complex sentence structure and in-depth characters that all work well in traditional fantasy, It'll be interesting to see if she has employed the same writing style in the urban fantasy books.