Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > Ten Years Ago Today: Friends Finale

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30648 comments Mod
Ten Years Ago Today, May 6, 2014: Friends Finale!

Can you believe it? Tens years just zipped by. Do you have a favorite episode? Or maybe narrow it down to the best for each 10 Seasons? How about memorable quotes? We'd love to read these and see your pictures or gifs you want to post.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 3: by Steven (last edited May 12, 2014 12:31PM) (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments Wow, so many to choose from!

I love the One with All the Cheesecakes, the One where Rosita Dies, the One where Ross Got High, the One with the Embryos, the One where Everybody Finds Out, the One with the Unagi, the One with the Videotape, the One with Ross' Inappropriate Song, the One with Rachel's Other Sister, the One with Princess Consuela...

I'm sure there are tons of others!

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited May 13, 2014 07:37PM) (new)

LOL! Yes, very hard to choose.

message 5: by Anita Reads (new)

Anita Reads | 1677 comments It is really hard to choose, but I think my favorite episodes are probably when they bet the apartment and when they played bamboozled and when they're in Vegas.

There are so many good quotes as well. My favorite character is Chandler.

message 6: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments Anita, you're so right! I forgot about Bamboozled! I love that one!!

Monica: "why are you all sweaty?"
Ross: "I just bamboozled Chandler!"

Hahahaha

message 7: by Anita Reads (last edited May 14, 2014 04:07AM) (new)

Anita Reads | 1677 comments Ross: which is totally not a sexual thing =D

message 8: by Anita Reads (new)

Anita Reads | 1677 comments I just remembered this quote:

Chandler: Oh My God
Joey: what?!
Chandler: Are you alright?
Joey: Yeah...
Chandler: WHAT HAPPENED?
Joey: OOOOHH MAN! He promised he wouldn't take the chairs!!!!
Chandler: What the hell happened here, why are you locked in there and where the hell is all of our stuff?
Joey: Well this guy came over to look at the unit and he said he didn't think it was big enough to fit a grown man
Chandler: So you got in voluntarily?
Joey: Oh do you know what I'm gonna do if I ever see that guy again?
Chandler: BEND OVER?!

message 9: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments Joey: That's how they do pants! Ross, tell him that's hoe they do pants!

Ross: Yes, yes it is... IN PRISON!

message 10: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (laparks) | 729 comments one of my favorite's is the episode where Ross and Monica are on the New Year's Eve show and they do their dance routine!

message 11: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited May 14, 2014 05:04AM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Man, not only did the last 10 years zip by, but the 10 before it seemed to go pretty darn quick, too. I remember when this show started. I remember going to a Pampered Chef party and sitting in a circle with a bunch of women I didn't know (my sister was invited and I was her guest) and once the topic of "That new show, 'Friends'" came up, the ice broke fast. Everyone talked about their favorite character (Chandler, by a long shot, for me) and I remember all these girls being gaga over Ross because he's "so sweeeet", lol. I thought he was a sap and preferred my men sarcastic and snarky, hehe. Through time, I've added Phoebe and Monica to my favorites. Phoebe is just so random and Monica is neurotic, like me, oh, and I love Joey and his sandwiches and his dim wits. I don't dislike Ross or Rachel but they don't really do much for me on their own. Although, one of my favorite episodes is when Ross gets the spray tan, LOL!

I have the soundtrack, which is fun to listen to now because not only is it a time capsule of 90s hits/bands but it has snippets from different scenes peppered between songs.

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments Monica is my favorite! And Ross is my least favorite! Even though some great things happen to Ross and he gets some great lines, I hate how WHINY he is. And he's kind of a selfish jerk half the time!

Lesley, I LOVE THE ROUTINE!

I have the entire series on DVD (I want the HD Blu-ray!!!) and we have watched this every night before bed for years. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen this all the way through. :D

message 13: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited May 14, 2014 05:29AM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Hah, yes I was going to mention how whiny Ross is. He's definitely my least favorite. Maybe I DO dislike him a little, haha.

message 14: by Anita Reads (last edited May 14, 2014 06:03AM) (new)

Anita Reads | 1677 comments @Steven - Me too, I have the DVD box, I used to put on a DVD when I went to bed every night, now I probably only see it if I'm ill or hungover, and need to watch something where I don't need to think so much.

Of the women charaters I think Phoebe is my favorite, I love her songs!!

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I've changed who I've liked best through the years. They are such wonderful characters. I love how Rachel developed. Love, love, LOVE Phoebe. LOL! And the flashbacks to when Monica was fat.

For some reason I was thinking about when Rachel taught Joey how to sail.
"Who names their boat 'Coastguard,' anyway?"
He gets upset when she's so serious... but when it ends with eating sandwiches, that's a different story. LOL!

message 16: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments YOU'RE WASTING GOOD PASTRAMI!

Phoenix (Online Elf) LOL!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments I thought it was cute when Joey thought that he was in love with Rachel and he didn't know what to say to Ross.

message 19: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 14, 2014 12:45PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Is that showing up? My computer is delaying pics, every since I took it in to fix something else.

message 21: by Karla (new)

Karla Moderators of Nothing but Reading Challenges (All the Mods) wrote: Pivot!

"

This scene frustrated me. I could have gotten that couch up the stairs!

message 22: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Nap Buddies

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

message 24: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Joey Finds Out

message 25: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Karla wrote: "This scene frustrated me. I could have gotten that couch up the stairs!"

LOL!

message 26: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments Or the one where Chandler kisses all the girls!

"Must be some new... European thing!" (Monica)
"That's not European!" (Rachel)
"Sure felt French!!!" (Phoebe)

OMG THIS SHOW MAKES ME HAPPY.

message 27: by Steven (new)

Steven (gallifreyan1218) | 4752 comments What are you guys, like, a gang?

Yeah... we're the Cobras!

anyone else thought about putting scary books in the freezer?

message 28: by Karla (new)

Karla My favorite scene is when Monica & Chandler purpose to each other! "There's a reason girls don't do this!"

I'm glad the finale didn't suck. I can't watch reruns of some shows because the ending ruined the whole show.

message 29: by Karla (new)

Karla Moderators of Nothing but Reading Challenges (All the Mods) wrote: "Karla wrote: "This scene frustrated me. I could have gotten that couch up the stairs!"

LOL!"

I have actually told them how to do it when watching a rerun of the episode.

message 30: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3160 comments OMG... I loved this show. I work overnights sometimes and they still have the reruns on. LOVE it!! :D I may have to rewatch the whole series from the beginning on Netflix. <3

message 31: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 23 comments One of my favourite shows of all time. You guys are making me all nostalgic to rewatch it...I sadly don't own the DVDs.

message 32: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn To this day I still find myself quoting Friends pretty often!

"Did you just FLICK me?!"
"Well you flicked me first!"

message 33: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed | 2 comments We were on a break XD

Friends is the only show that you can watch it so many times and still laugh like it's the first time

message 34: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Mohamed wrote: "We were on a break XD

Friends is the only show that you can watch it so many times and still laugh like it's the first time"

I completely agree!! I never get tired of it! This show just makes me happy. :)

message 35: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3160 comments Remember this one?

friends poking photo: friends poking stick 10pdir8.jpg

message 36: by Lisa Kay (new)

message 37: by Lisa Kay (new)

message 38: by Lisa Kay (new)

message 39: by Lisa Kay (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) LOL! I love the sibling rivalry between Monica and Ross.

message 41: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Kristie wrote: "Remember this one?"

LOL! Yes, the giant poking device.

message 42: by Lisa Kay (new)

message 43: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited May 14, 2014 07:27PM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) LOL! I love all the bedhead in those.

Okay, I need to watch this again soon. It comes on around bedtime here and that is in about 30 minutes... I'm not "allowed" to watch the DVDs of this without my hubby because we have been trying to watch it together from season 1, but I'm allowed to catch it in syndication on TV, lol. That version is not in original air order, haha, so it's okay, I guess.

message 44: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 54 comments I just LOVE this show. I really can watch the same episode 10 time in the same week and laugh hard every time as the first time.
my favorites are definitely Chandler and Phoebe. Then comes Monica, Joey, and Ross. Rachel is my least favorite for a lot of reasons and yes "they were on a break" :D

message 45: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 54 comments Lisa Kay wrote: ""

"there is no Phalange"
"OMG, this plane doesn't even have a phalange!" :D :D

message 46: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed | 2 comments Skena wrote: "I just LOVE this show. I really can watch the same episode 10 time in the same week and laugh hard every time as the first time.
my favorites are definitely Chandler and Phoebe. Then comes Monica, ..."

oh I'm'm sorry were u speaking to me or sleeping with someone else? :p

message 47: by Anita Reads (new)

Anita Reads | 1677 comments Phoebe: Well at least your dress weren't rented in a store called "It's Not Too Late"

I think about that everytime I pass a bridal store that shows a dress for pregnant women.

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) LOL, Anita!

message 49: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

LOL!