YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Elusion (Elusion, #1)
This topic is about Elusion
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Elusion by Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam - Restarting August 3rd 2014

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 226 comments Soon, Elusion® will change the world and life as we know it.

A new technology called Elusion is sweeping the country. An app, visor and wristband will virtually transport you to an exotic destination where adventure can be pursued without the complications—or consequences—of real life.

Regan is an Elusion insider. Or at least she used to be. Her father invented the program, and her best friend, Patrick, heir to the tech giant Orexis, is about to release it nationwide. But ever since her father’s unexpected death, Regan can’t bear to Escape, especially since waking up from the dream means crashing back to her grim reality.

Still, when there are rumors of trouble in Elusion—accusations that it’s addictive and dangerous— Regan is determined to defend it. But the critics of Elusion come from surprising sources, including Josh, the handsome skeptic with his own personal stakes. As Regan investigates the claims, she discovers a disturbing web of secrets. She will soon have to choose between love and loyalty…a decision that will affect the lives of millions.

Suspense, thrills, and romance fuel this near-future story about the seductive nature of a perfect virtual world, and how far one girl will go to uncover the truth behind the illusions.

Rachel and I are starting this on May 15. Feel free to join!

message 2: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8558 comments This sounds so good. Excited!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 226 comments Through chapter 6 or 7 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 226 comments I forgot a bit of my rant (view spoiler)

message 5: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8558 comments Oops! Sorry I didn't start this. I'll try and read it this weekend. :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 226 comments So... I dunno if you're still planning on reading this, but I kind of hate it, so I don't know if I'll finish.

message 7: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8558 comments Elizabeth wrote: "So... I dunno if you're still planning on reading this, but I kind of hate it, so I don't know if I'll finish."

Oops! I still haven't had the time. I'm so sorry! I have exams coming up and my studying has completely taken over!! Feel free to DNF this if you don't like it.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82890 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting August 2nd 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope you guys like this one!

message 10: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie | 818 comments Thanks I can't wait to read it!

I'm really interested to read the next one!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 772 comments Yay, can't wait to start!