Beta Reader Group discussion

174 views
Betas Offering FREE Services > New beta reader, childrens and young adults.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited May 06, 2014 06:59AM) (new)

Emma | 13 comments Hello there

I'm completely new to beta reading but would love to help you with your developing manuscript. I'm interested in children's and young adult books in most genres. The only genres I don't really "click" with are teen paranormal romance or very high fantasy, so would prefer not to receive those. Low fantasy/sci fi is fine.

Hope I can help and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Emma


message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Pascoe (sarapascoe) | 14 comments Hi Emma, I have a Young Adult novel about a girl who doesn't know she's a witch. Her untamed new powers end up slinging her around history, back to the 17th century. It's approx. 97,000 words. I'm looking for feedback on the book -- especially what doesn't work and needs fixing. If you're interested please email me at sarakpascoe@btinternet.com. Many thanks, Sara Pascoe


message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Hi Sara

Have replied to your email address. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Emma


message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Pascoe (sarapascoe) | 14 comments Hi Emma, I sent you the book. Please let me know if you got it (I think your message above is before I sent the book?). Maybe check your spam if you don't see it? I'm delighted you've decided to Beta read my book. Kind regards, Sara Pascoe sarakpascoe@btinternet.com


message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carlyle | 61 comments Hello Emma,

My name is Joeseph would you be available to read my first book it is a fantasy adventure called the Mystical Six its the first in a eight part series I need someone to give me honest feedback tell me what they think about it.
I'd be ever so grateful. Tell me if this is okay I think you would adore it get back to me soon.


message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Sara wrote: "Hi Emma, I sent you the book. Please let me know if you got it (I think your message above is before I sent the book?). Maybe check your spam if you don't see it? I'm delighted you've decided to Be..."


Hi Sarah

Got your book, just about to email you!

Cheers,

Emma


message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Joseph wrote: "Hello Emma,

My name is Joeseph would you be available to read my first book it is a fantasy adventure called the Mystical Six its the first in a eight part series I need someone to give me honest ..."


Hi Joseph

I'd be delighted to read your book. If you don't mind giving your email address, I will reply to that and you can email it to me.

Might take a while to get back to you as I've got a couple of other books to beta read as well!

cheers,

Emma


message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Carlyle | 61 comments That's fine my email address is joeseph69@live.co.uk


message 9: by Shreyonti (new)

Shreyonti Chakraborty | 89 comments Hi Emma. I've written a 47,000 word coming-of-age novel about a young girl who starts documenting her new life in the city of Kolkata through diary entries and letters to her high-school crush. Would you kindly so a critique for me?

My email is shreyonti@gmail.com


message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Hello Shreyonti

Unfortunately I've been a bit inundated with requests to read manuscripts and can't accept any more just at the moment.

I'll let you know when I am available again but it could be a couple of months.

Very sorry I can't help right now.

Take care,

Emma


message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Hello writers!

I've been rather deluged with requests to read manuscripts so unfortunately can't accept any more at the moment.

Best of luck with your book.

Emma

x


message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne LaRe Thompson | 68 comments Hi Emma,

Are you currently accepting material? I have a 1500 word children's book (picture book/easy reader) for ages roughly 4/5 years to 7/8 years.

I've already had it edited for punctuation but I'm looking for information concerning the content, etc.

Would you be interested?

Thanks!
Joanne


message 13: by Leonard (new)

Leonard Belmont (leonardbelmont) | 4 comments I’m a new Indie author, and I am looking for Beta Readers for my new book series, It’s about a Romance Story - Notebook - Journal Style - Letters

I can give you the book for free as a gift on Amazon / Kindle if you give me comment about the book.

More info about me : www.amazon.com/author/leonardbelmont
The book : http://bit.ly/FiveYearsTheMeeting

Email : lechevalierdeslumieres@gmail.com

Contact me if you are interested, thank you :)

Leonard Belmont


message 14: by J.W. (new)

J.W. Scott (jamesscottbooks) | 4 comments Hello, not sure if you may be out from under the deluged... I believe my adaptation/explanation of Alice's Adventure in Wonderland falls in your genre.

If you do find time for a ~20k insane reading advinture... email me at jamesscottbooks@live.com please and thank you!


message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Shreyonti wrote: "Hi Emma. I've written a 47,000 word coming-of-age novel about a young girl who starts documenting her new life in the city of Kolkata through diary entries and letters to her high-school crush. Wou..."

Emma wrote: "Hello Shreyonti

Unfortunately I've been a bit inundated with requests to read manuscripts and can't accept any more just at the moment.

I'll let you know when I am available again but it could be..."


Dear Authors

If you would like me to read your manuscript, I have some space again. Shreyonti, I know it's almost been a year since you originally contacted me, but if you still need me to read your book, I am available.

Regards,

Emma


message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Joanne wrote: "Hi Emma,

Are you currently accepting material? I have a 1500 word children's book (picture book/easy reader) for ages roughly 4/5 years to 7/8 years.

I've already had it edited for punctuation..."


Hello Joanne

I know it's been a while but I have some availability now. Would you still like me to look at your manuscript?

Cheers,

Emma


message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments JW wrote: "Hello, not sure if you may be out from under the deluged... I believe my adaptation/explanation of Alice's Adventure in Wonderland falls in your genre.

If you do find time for a ~20k insane readin..."


Dear James

I have some availability now if you would like me to read your manuscript.

Regards,

Emma


message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Rittenhouse | 8 comments Hi Emma,

I don't know if you have any availability right now, but I have a 45,000 word book that I am looking to be beta read. It is a MG/YA book written in diary format. It is the third book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Back Cover Blurb: Change is hard for 13-year-old Laura Woodsmall to accept, especially when the change seems to make her life even worse. Accepting Change chronicles the diary of Laura, the younger sister to Carolyn and Bethany from Finding Faith and Discovering Hope. Laura finds it difficult to put her strength in God as her sisters have done. Will she be able to find true joy in God and learn to take all the curveballs life throws?

My email is rachel@rachelrittenhouse.com.

Thanks,
Rachel


message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Hi Rachel

I'm afraid I'm not taking any beta reads for the time being.

Best of luck with your book.

Kind regards,

Emma


back to top