Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add this book (Green Mountain Doctor)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet | 238 comments * Title - Green Mountain Doctor
* Author(s) name(s) - Colin Smith
* ISBN (or ASIN)- 9780953889501
* Publisher - Colin Smith (according to Amazon and inside cover)
* Publication date - 1 September 2000
* Format - Paperback
* Description - not sure what this means - sorry. If it means the 'blurb' then...

In the early 1960s, the 'winds of change' were blowing through southern Africa.

A young doctor, recently qualified and ridiculously inexperience, found himself in charge of a hospital in Basutoland, high in the Drakensberg mountains.

In this remote British Protectorae, in surroundings completely alien to his background and training, he was expected to cover all aspects of medicine, including obstetrics, surgery, public heatlh and forensic pathology, with the sole responsibility for the medical care of many thousands of people.

As he struggled to conquer his fear and adapt to his surroundings he was also learning to be a husband and father.

This is the story of a fascinating, and extraordinary, period in a young man's life.

* Link to cover on a NON-BOOKSELLER site, such as a publisher site, an author site, etc. No B&N or other bookseller links can be used as sources for covers or other book data, with the (recently-changed) exception of Amazon and its subsidiaries.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Mountai...

This is a non-fiction book

message 2: by Empress (last edited May 06, 2014 07:11AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Book here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Janet wrote: "Description - not sure what this means - sorry. If it means the 'blurb' then..."

Yes Blurb

Janet wrote: "This is a non-fiction book "

This is irrelevant for the books. Genres on GR are sourced from readers shelves. When the book is shelved enough times as non-fiction the tag non-fiction will be attached. You can also add metadata (book page - edit review - more options - edit metadata, it accepts only one genre tag)

Edit:
Note: Author profile: Colin(4)^Smith

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet | 238 comments Ah, sorry.

Thanks for adding it.

It's a different Colin Smith to the one showing up though - this one is English (he used to be my GP!). :)

message 4: by Empress (last edited May 06, 2014 07:10AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Janet wrote: "Ah, sorry.

Thanks for adding it.

It's a different Colin Smith to the one showing up though - this one is English (he used to be my GP!). :)"

Yes I was in the process of fixing it. New profile is created and the two books from this author are contributed to him.

Not sure why you are apologizing though. Don't worry whatever it is. ;)

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 238 comments Lol - I was apologising for the 'non-fiction' bit. Not sure why really... I put it down to me being British!

And thanks again. :)

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Janet wrote: "Lol - I was apologising for the 'non-fiction' bit. Not sure why really... I put it down to me being British!"

Well in that case you are excused! :D

P.S. I was just pointing it out so you don't bother with irrelevant information in any feature requests.