Book Sanctuary discussion

★ Books ★ > What's Your Latest Book Buy Or Download?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Airi, Admin (new)

Airi Chan (airichan90) | 900 comments Mod
Share what you just got or what you downloaded here

message 2: by Airi, Admin (new)

Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass

Just got them today.

message 3: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne You got a nice haul Airi!

message 4: by Yuiko (new)

Yuiko | 119 comments I have a huge haul I got all mine from good will since all kids books are ¢56 and I found a used book store too. So I kinda dont remembered them all.I kinda don't stop collecting them xp

message 5: by Yuiko (new)

Yuiko | 119 comments Xp girl same with me and my used book store gives credit when u turn in a book!!

message 6: by Yuiko (new)

Yuiko | 119 comments Yup that's it!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I bought some books online recently.

These two will hopefully be with me tomorrow:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

And these two will arrive at the end of this month:
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

I should be getting more for Mother's Day and my birthday in June :)

~~not sure if it's book related buy, but I'll be finally getting a kindle for my birthday YAY!!~~

message 8: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Krivinchuk (hkrivin1) I just bought City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare last week and I still haven't received it yet :( hoping today or tomorrow at the latest. I also bought The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff which I am getting close to finishing.

message 9: by Analisa (new)

Analisa (Artemis118) | 1 comments A few days ago,I got this book called "Rae of Hope".

message 10: by Airi, Admin (new)

@Hana : The Mortal Instrument series is good. The last book is coming out soon.

@Catherine : I been wanting to read fangirl. I heard it was good.

@Deidre : The Fault in Our Stars is awesome. If I haven't said this yet XD.

message 11: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne T.T I haven't gotten anything in forever.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

@Airi

Same, I've been meaning to buy it for a while.

message 13: by Airi, Admin (new)

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer I just got this. I'm waiting for Cress to come out in paperback. I can't wait till Winter comes out next year.

message 14: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Quad by C.G. Watson Bought it on Amazon. I noticed they weren't stocking it anymore so I figured I should get a copy while I can.

message 15: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Yeah. Have you read Quad? I haven't read either of those. I'd like to someday though.

message 16: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne A lot of people like that book. I've never seen the movie either. I had heard of it before though.

message 17: by Joi (new)

Joi | 147 comments I downloaded Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover R.I.C.O. by Tony Steele Invisible by Carly Anne Peterson 3 A.M. by Nick Pirog

message 18: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Deidre (superhero in training) wrote: "I finally received I Am David by Anne Holm, in the mail."

Did you buy it or win it via Goodreads?

message 19: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Ooooh. Sweet.

message 20: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne That does sound good.

message 21: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Hi! I recently bought The Book Thief (not a YA but still), Twelve Years a Slave, The Luminaries and City of Lost Souls.
I mostly buy them online or at our local bookstore. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to share ebooks with each other? I have a lot of them and wouldn't mind sharing them!

message 22: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I want to read The Book Thief too! Since my discovery of Amazon I've just bought books there.

You can lend kindle books for 14 days but you can only lend the book once I believe. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custome...

message 23: by Joi (new)

Joi | 147 comments Bianca wrote: "Hi! I recently bought The Book Thief (not a YA but still), Twelve Years a Slave, The Luminaries and City of Lost Souls.
I mostly buy the..."

If you have a kindle then yes you can.

message 24: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) No I have a Sony reader Kindle is not popular here in the Netherlands at all. I have everything in pdf or epub

message 25: by Joi (new)

Joi | 147 comments Bianca wrote: "No I have a Sony reader Kindle is not popular here in the Netherlands at all. I have everything in pdf or epub"

Can't you send pdfs in an email?

message 26: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Joi wrote: "Bianca wrote: "No I have a Sony reader Kindle is not popular here in the Netherlands at all. I have everything in pdf or epub"

Can't you send pdfs in an email?"

Yeah I can but I have no idea if Kindle supports this or not. My e-reader appears to be picky, some PDF's he accepts, others he doesn't. Are there any books you are looking for?

message 27: by Joi (new)

Joi | 147 comments Bianca wrote: "Joi wrote: "Bianca wrote: "No I have a Sony reader Kindle is not popular here in the Netherlands at all. I have everything in pdf or epub"

Can't you send pdfs in an email?"

Yeah I can but I have ..."

I mean I don't know what type of books you have, so I don't know if I'm interested in any of them.

message 28: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) ah right, haha. I have over 1.500 e books so listing would take forever. I have a lot of YA, classics, historical fiction, horror and popular books. Let me know if you have a title you would like, and I'll see if I have it.
I could compile a list and post it for everybody but that would take me a few day mind.

message 29: by Airi, Admin (last edited May 18, 2014 10:56AM) (new)

Just got a bunch of books:

Barnes & Noble :
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

Target :
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

Used Books :
The Hardy Boys Casefiles by Franklin W. Dixon Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Keeping Secrets by Alyson Noel The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5) by Lemony Snicket The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6) by Lemony Snicket Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6) by James Patterson The Quickie by James Patterson Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2) by Meg Cabot The Tale of the Body Thief (The Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Anne Rice Private Scandals by Nora Roberts Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Montana Sky by Nora Roberts Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross, #4) by James Patterson Writers Express A Handbook for Young Writers, Thinkers, and Learners by Dave Kemper Bag of Bones by Stephen King The Hardy Boys Mysteries by Franklin W. Dixon Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer

message 30: by Airi, Admin (new)

=_= finally done with the long list XD

message 31: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I've read The Austere Academy, The Ersatz Elevator, and Catching Fire. I've read the first four HP Books and I haven't read the twilight saga yet. Been meaning to read that one for awhile.

message 32: by Airi, Admin (new)

Just got City of Heavenly Fire *grin* I'm so happy.

message 33: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Hamilton | 3 comments I pre-ordered city of heavenly fire and it downloaded this morning. * Ya happy dance*

message 34: by Airi, Admin (new)

Tricia - awesome. I can't wait to read it.

message 35: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Krivinchuk (hkrivin1) I just downloaded a whole bunch of books to my iPhone yesterday, I don't even know what they were, but then I went on a shopping spree on Amazon and bought 3 books I got Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan and Naughts & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses, #1) by Malorie Blackman

message 36: by Airi, Admin (new)

I also picked up The Night Circus & A Game of Thrones yesterday after work.

message 37: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I have A Game Of Thrones but I haven't read it yet.

message 38: by Jess G (new)

Jess G (rattlethewalls) The Night Circus is great! A truly fantastic read. Yesterday I recieved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

message 39: by Airi, Admin (new)

I'm goint to pick up Obsidian & Onyx today. I might place a order on Opal and Origin from that series too.

message 40: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I got the book I won, Double Take, in the mail a couple of days ago.

message 41: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I didn't know I Am Legend and Amityville was a book.

message 42: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I avoid scary things so I've never watched the movie. I saw I Am Legend though.

message 44: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne XD Not bad for a first haul Hanna!

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The last one I got for free was The Mask of Jason Voorhees by Eric morse which I got for free from the author's website. Go here to get it. It's a pretty interesting read though I'm not a Friday the 13th fan. http://authorericmorse.webs.com/the-m...

*RoseyCheeksReviews* (roseycheeksreviews) | 6 comments ive downloaded vanish by Sophie Jordan, and i just downloaded the rite runner :3

message 47: by Cheyenne (last edited Jun 05, 2014 09:14AM) (new)

Cheyenne Did you mean Kite Runner Stacey? I heard it was pretty good.

message 48: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Thanks Amber! I'm not really a horror fan either.

message 49: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) No prob Cheyenne. I'm a horror fan just not much of a Friday the 13th one. saw only the first film and didn't like it. LOL. :) But this book is basically better than the films.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't download books. I buy them. Old fashioned that I am. Or I borrow them from my library, old fashioned that I am. Did I mention I was old fashioned?:)

« previous 1