The Crimson Campaign (Powder Mage, #2)
This topic is about The Crimson Campaign
Powder Mage > TCC: Section 6 - Chapter 38 - Epilogue

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Section 6

Please keep all discussion to the events and speculation from Chapter 38 - Epilogue.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't remember names very well and have no idea who this Hilanska is. Apparently one of Tamas's generals though. Taniel gets super strong when he's mad. And Kresimir can't seem to touch him without pain.

OK. So Nikslaus is the one whose hands Tamas took in the first book. I only barely remember. I guess he was the one directly responsible for Tamas's wife's death. I need to find a summary or something.

So not a two front war, but a very elaborate campaign ad.

Things look bad for Tamas and the city. It's pretty funny that the Duke died in a carriage accident.

Holy Shit Ka-Poel is scary. Awesome, but scary.

Poor Mihali. I hope he's not really dead.

Or I guess everything with Tamas and the city worked out. Mostly. Now he's got a new ally.

Seems like Mihali might really be dead.

Apparently Nila not needing gloves is something that only the gods can normally do. Interesting.

Poor Adamat. Bo's got his number. Boy I can't wait.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (last edited May 12, 2014 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Personally I'm glad the storylines didn't converge in this book. All of the storylines were interesting and tying them together in this book would have been rushed.

And I think the book ended in a great place. All the main storylines were wrapped up and the stage is set for the final book.

Bill | 1596 comments I also liked that all the storylines didn't collide at the end. I feel like that it is how every author lately does it and it isn't always necessary.

@Rob - Hilanska was the one armed artillery officer from budweil.

I liked this book overall but never really fully connected with it. I felt like I should like the characters more but for some reason they just didn't draw me in.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I didn't realize you were reading this with us Bill.

Thanks for the info on Hilanska. He sounds vaguely familiar now. Lol.

Bill | 1596 comments I read a lot while traveling so didn't know where the sections ended and didn't want to drop any spoilers.

I also felt the same way with the first book. I can't really pinpoint why I feel this way about McClellan's books. All of the elements are there for a great book but it just slighty misses for me.

Jake m (atticus55) | 76 comments Just finished! I really liked it as well. The only things I didn't like was the ending could have been a little more complete (Taniel and Pole are kinda left out to dry) and I thought the Nila thing was a little too convienient. I mean she got mad all the time throughout the first two books but when Bo slaps her she just happens to conjure up some blue fire.

Kaleb Overall, the book was great. The one gripe I had about the book was Nila. She is a dull character and I couldn't be more bothered by the fact that she is now a Privileged.

David Sven (gorro) | 316 comments Rob wrote: "Personally I'm glad the storylines didn't converge in this book. All of the storylines were interesting and tying them together in this book would have been rushed."

This was a middle book but it was a good middle book IO thought. And it ended at a convenient spot for an ad break I thought.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I was listening and didn't realize so little was left - I was kind of surprised when it ended (although perhaps I shouldn't have been since I know there is another coming).

I thought it was a good book, for a middle book, but I sure hope I remember the characters/plots when the next one comes out.

I would love more Ka Poel. And more Bo. I think they were my two favorite characters.

message 11: by Sky (last edited Jun 13, 2014 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky | 1291 comments Kaleb wrote: "Overall, the book was great. The one gripe I had about the book was Nila. She is a dull character and I couldn't be more bothered by the fact that she is now a Privileged."

agreed...she's been bugging me since the first book. I had a fairly strong suspicion she'd turn out to be privileged, but I still think she'll continue to bug me, unless she stops being such a wuss. At least she finally struck out a little and kicked Vetas in the back of the leg.

Gahhhh! So...Feb 10th for The Autumn Republic?

Kaleb I agree with you 100 percent. February can't come fast enough!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Just like the first I thoroughly enjoyed this. Don't mind at all where the stories wrapped up at. It's awesome that Tamas is going to come back home with 50,000 dudes ready to kick some Kez ass.

Also hoping Mihali is not dead, he is a fun character.

Think my favorite story line was Taniel's through this one. His last couple scenes with Pole were great. Really hoping him and Bo meet up during the next one. Can you imagine the insane amount of butt whooping Pole, Taniel and Bo can get down on, not to mention if Adamat comes with?

message 14: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott wrote: " Can you imagine the insane amount of butt whooping Pole, Taniel and Bo can get down on, not to mention if Adamat comes with? "

Yes. Yes I can.