YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Stupid Girl (Stupid in Love, #1)
This topic is about Stupid Girl
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles, Starting May 10th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Only fools fall in love...

After her senior year of high school leaves behind nothing but heartache, Olivia Beaumont is sure of this: She’s no stupid girl. She sets out for Winston College, promising herself that she will remain focused on her first and only love – astronomy. But all it takes is cocky sophomore Brax Jenkins and an accidental collision with a football, to throw her entire year off course.

A quick-tempered Southie who escaped the inner city streets of Boston to pitch for Winston, Brax is known to play way more fields than just the baseball diamond. So, when his name is drawn to take part in his fraternity’s hazing dare, Brax eagerly accepts the mission to take Olivia’s virginity. But he doesn’t plan on falling hard for the sweet and sassy Texas girl who sees right through his bad-boy persona.

As Olivia and Brax battle their feelings for each other, echoes of the past year begin to surface. A boy who once turned Olivia’s whole world upside down reappears, and “harmless” pranks wreak havoc. Pretty soon the aspiring astronomer is on the verge of revealing her most difficult, heartbreaking secret. All the while, Brax must wrestle with the irrevocable dare, and Olivia struggles against all logic as she does the one thing only a stupid girl would do: fall in love.

Everyone can join me and Emily to read this book on May 10th!

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Starting this now! Lost the thread before.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm also starting it now but since it's already pass 11 pm, I might not read much and will continue it tomorrow :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 11pm? Where are you? It's 4pm in UK :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm in Jakarta, Indonesia. I usually stay awake way late to read at weekend, but am already sleepy now. Blame it to Marie Lu, I was still up till 3 am yesterday :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 4% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 16% (view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Rachmi wrote: "16% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "16% [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I think I want more dialogues in it. It's just it's kinda distracting when for example Brax asked Olivia something and then she's doing a monologue for 2 entire pages before she answered Brax question.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 22% I just don't understand how easy Olivia trust Brax and tell him almost everything about her when they only meet 2 days. She said she wants to be invinsible but the way she acts doesn't show it.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 29% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "29% I don't know...."

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 53% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 75% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Rachmi (last edited May 12, 2014 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments 79% (view spoiler)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments My kindle died on me but it's up and running now so I'll try and get this read :)

PS. I don't like Kelsey one bit and I'm not sure on Noah either... I think he's being portrayed as too nice - On 50%

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Just finished it and it's 1 am now and am so sleepy. I'll discuss it tomorrow er...in the morning, I mean :)

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments 72% (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "72% [spoilers removed]"

I didn't understand how come Olivia couldn't guess it either and I think Brax need to fix his anger management problem. He likes to beat people so much I don't like it at all.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Rachmi wrote: "Emily wrote: "72% [spoilers removed]"

I didn't understand how come Olivia couldn't guess it either and I think Brax need to fix his anger management problem. He likes to beat people so much I don'..."

Yeah, I'm starting to notice that. I think he just beat up 3 DIFFERENT people in the space of one chapter.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Emily wrote: "72% [spoilers removed]"

I didn't understand how come Olivia couldn't guess it either and I think Brax need to fix his anger management problem. He likes to beat people..."

It's like he thinks every guy is his punching bag. He scares me, to be honest, with that punch first, talk later attitude.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments Finished! I'm not sure the author could have fit any more cliques in there if she'd tried but I like it. Not sure about the ending. Could have ended with her agreeing to give him a second chance.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "Finished! I'm not sure the author could have fit any more cliques in there if she'd tried but I like it. Not sure about the ending. Could have ended with her agreeing to give him a second chance."

I think she finally agreed to give him a second chance, she just didn't tell him. Just like they don't tell themselves that they are in love till the end of the chapter.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments That was so corny! I really didn't like the end chapter!!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "That was so corny! I really didn't like the end chapter!!"

Agree, I didn't like it either.

Emily Bradley-dorman | 495 comments I think it's one of those books that's going to be different for everyone. If you can look past the clique's then you'll love it if not it will drag on.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emily wrote: "I think it's one of those books that's going to be different for everyone. If you can look past the clique's then you'll love it if not it will drag on."

Yeah...I think this book is more like love it or don't love it. I actually like or even love books with those clique, but with this book, I don't know I just have problem liking it. I think it's an okay book, it just isn't for me.