What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA werewolf romance; a girl who was adopted into a family of werewolves that provides her with parents, and a sister who is about the same age as her. The main girl is not a werewolf but she sometimes has "visions"

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 3 comments The main character is a girl who was adopted into a family of werewolves that provides her with parents, and a sister who is about the same age as her. The main girl is not a werewolf but she sometimes has "visions" or something (can't remember), but they happen at random. Her whole family goes to visit another family for their biological daughter to meet their eldest son to see if they should become mates. The biological daughter later ends up with the younger brother. The main girl has a connection with the eldest boy who is meant to become the next alpha. They end up becoming true mates which allows her, a human, to turn into a werewolf like him so that they can be together. The boy's parents were also In The same situation and were able to tell them it was possible for them to be together. The boys also have a little "sister" which is actually their actual sister's daughter, therefore their niece. I can't remember much about what caused this to happen except for the fact that they lead everyone to believe their granddaughter is their daughter. The little girl slips up sometimes and calls the boys by "uncle". I think the eldest boy decides to not become alpha and passes it to his brother.

message 2: by Lark (last edited May 06, 2014 10:14PM) (new)

Lark | 69 comments It might be Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell. Here's the cover: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell

message 3: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 3 comments That isn't it but thanks for trying!

message 5: by She (new)

She Reads | 110 comments Blood and Chocolate?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_an...

Nightshade?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...
I personally hated Nightshade for the reasons Anila stated in their review, but maybe it is the book you seek.

message 6: by Kami (new)

Kami Dodson-Perry | 8 comments I thought Raised by Wolves as well but there is nothing about them trying to mate her with anyone.

message 7: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 3 comments Yeah I haven't read any of those books, but thank you for trying!

The book I am looking for is kind of similar to Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin but there is no special schools involved with this book and the main character doesn't have a brother. I also think about The Mayfair Moon bc the girl in that book spends a lot of time in the werewolves home.

In the book I'm trying to find, the whole family (parents, daughter, and adopted human daughter=main character) move in with an alpha and his family (the parents, two sons, granddaughter whom they make people believe is their daughter but is actually the child of their runaway/estranged daughter). The family that stays with the alpha family hopes their werewolf daughter and the eldest son (next alpha) will have a "connection", but instead he seems to be fascinated with the human girl that is part of their family while the girl ends up being more interested in his younger brother. The two fight their attraction to one another bc werewolves and humans are not supposed to end up together (mostly meaning he can't become alpha if they are together). The boy is willing to let his younger brother become the next alpha to be with the human girl. Eventually his parents tell them that his mom was once human, but bc they were "fated" or "true" mates that she was able to turn into a werewolf and for them to be together. They explain that this is something that seems to only run in their family and that they never said anything before bc they didn't even know if it would happen to either of their sons and it seems that they are true mates.

I can't remember how she is supposed to change, but I think she changes by the end.

I also think the werewolf girl and younger brother are mated at some point and once their siblings finally mate, they inform their family that they are having a baby.
I think the little girl may have been kidnapped at some point also

I'm not sure if I am explaining one book or if it is a series.

message 8: by Kami (last edited May 10, 2014 10:03AM) (new)

Kami Dodson-Perry | 8 comments I read Mayfair Moon.... I don't think it is that one. The girl is living with them because she ends up falling in love with the main guy of the family and learning there secret. So she is kind of forced to live there since she has to be protected from their enemies. I reviewed Book #1 &2 of the Darkwoods Trilogy. I don't have a lot of detail but it might help determine if that is the book or not.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36916 comments Mod
Devin, are you still looking for this?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36916 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Devin, are you still looking for this?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.