GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Inspirational > Seeking reviewers of Christian non-fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Avery | 1 comments I am seeking reviewers of Christian non-fiction for an upcoming publication:
The Name Quest - Explore the names of God to grow in faith and get to know Him better.
By John Avery (Morgan James Publishing, 2014)

The Name Quest is already listed on Amazon for pre-ordering before the publication date of October 6th. More information (endorsements, table of contents) can be found at www.NamesForGod.net/name-quest

message 2: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Kamerman (srkamerman) | 2 comments Hi John! I would love to review.

Stefanie

message 3: by Todor (new)

Todor Bombov | 10 comments Hi Stefanie! I'm also looking for the reviewers, but I don't know the rules of this. I have a SF short story in my Author Website: www.sbpra.com/TodorBombov . Please, tell me, are you interested in?

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) I am really interested in this book! We spent a whole school year talking about the names of God at my after school program, and it was really intriguing! I would love to read more, target more for adult this time! :)

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) Todor wrote: "Hi Stefanie! I'm also looking for the reviewers, but I don't know the rules of this. I have a SF short story in my Author Website: www.sbpra.com/TodorBombov . Please, tell me, are you interested in?"

This sounds really interesting! It reminds me of the movie Mimic, one I for sure LOVED! I would be interesting in reading this one as well!! :D

message 6: by Diana (last edited Jun 28, 2014 09:50PM) (new)

Diana Maryon | 4 comments Well, I've garnered a third Amazon review of O Love How Deep, and felt that I had to add quite a note as follows:

"Love one man but marry another?

That's the premise of this book in my opinion. The beginning of the book shares the love between Diana and David, yet she turns him away and marries another?

I didn't get it, and even after finishing, I still don't get it.

That one decision that doesn't seem to make sense sets up an interesting look into a woman's life as she ponders what would have happened if she had just told David how she felt."

But she didn't know! And she didn't know largely because of David's very peculiar psychology. When she turned him away, she had already been married over eight years, and STILL didn't know until David forced the issue. She was never sure of his love till then, and never acknowledged her own. He had never at any stage been in the right place at the right time for her. That's why she wrote to him in February of 1971, when she sent him away, "I understand that you and I have been in some sense in love for the eight-and-a-half years since I was married. You were asking me to go away with you.

It took me the inside of a day to understand what it was that you were trying to say to me. It took me 48 hours more to face my own state of mind and to decide not to break my marriage for you.

I have had no idea all these years that I loved you. I thought that it was never more on my side than a very warm and close friendship. I was not in the habit in those days of asking myself what I really wanted. Obedience, or attempting it, was the key factor for me. I am terribly shocked. Feeling was perhaps more intense on my side for being unacknowledged. I have lived with a deep-buried sense of loss since the summer of 1962.

I have been going through real deprivation in my marriage to Sim without understanding what has been missing. I agreed to marry my husband, as I told you in 1961, because I liked and trusted him, and he was such a support to my work. I wanted a husband, as I had always said since I was more than a schoolgirl, who would be capable of fitting in with my vocation from the Lord."

That anguished letter was completely truthful. David's adulterous approach, and my consequently realising that I was in love with him, remains the most traumatic experience of my life. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction ...