She-Geeks discussion

Comic Books > Trades VS Single Issues

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Which do you prefer?

I was on a single issue kick for quite a while, but lately.... Those singles are taking up so much space. Ugh. So trades are looking better and better to me.

I've cut back my pull list to just 3 titles.

message 2: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Same here. I would like to get a bin for my single issues though and also dump the issues I don't want anymore.

message 3: by Amara (new)

Amara (cryptidamara) I like purchasing single issues in digital format and then, if I like what I read, I'll buy the trade when it comes out. I feel like I get the best of both worlds that way. I get to read the issues as they come out but I also save a lot of space. That's how I've been doing it for the past year or so.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (amykate28) | 39 comments I do the same as Pandanima. Digital issues and paper trade of what I enjoy. Saves me space, is cheaper and still allows me to share the great ones with people.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frejafolkvangar) | 111 comments I am way too impatient for single issues. I hate reading stories in little bits, it drives me nuts. I also just don't have the money to get single issues every week. Trades also feel so satisfyingly real. Although I do love seeing the old ads in single issues from yesteryear.

message 6: by Janice (new)

Janice I try to get the trades or larger hardcover collections. Whichever format I start a series, I keep getting it in that format for continuity. The thought of mixing single issues and trades makes the OCD part of me freak right out.

message 7: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Sometimes the story feels too cut up when I read singles due to the time span. Lazarus and Saga are holding up well month to month, meaning I don't feel lost when I open a new issue.

message 8: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Pandanima wrote: "I like purchasing single issues in digital format and then, if I like what I read, I'll buy the trade when it comes out. I feel like I get the best of both worlds that way. I get to read the issues..."

This is a good idea. I buy singles now of series I want to try but the ecomics would take up less space.

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frejafolkvangar) | 111 comments I know that feel, Janice. It drives me nuts. Sometimes I'll have the trade of one vol and my boyfriend will have the second one in singles though, so there's no way around it. Oh, the OCD... 0.o

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (amykate28) | 39 comments And then when you catch up and have to wait a month for each new one its kind of frustrating because those snippets of story take time to get used to.