Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Derek Agons Slays A Dragon
This topic is about Derek Agons Slays A Dragon
Read 4 Review #163 - Derek Agons Slays A Dragon (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited Jun 02, 2014 10:32AM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments The group would like to welcome author Samuel Tucker Young for a Read 4 Review of his book Derek Agons Slays A Dragon, a YA SciFi adventure.

Derek Agons just found out that the natural disasters he's seen tearing up the world are not just random earthquakes and monsoons. They are the result of a dragon, hellbent on destroying the world as it lusts for the one thing it wants the most; the illuminating book that Derek just picked up in a parking lot off of a talking cat. Failing high school is the least of Derek's problems now, for the book has chosen him as its champion, destined to face the bloodthirsty dragon in a duel for the fate of the world.

Now the high school junior must traverse modern day America as he gets crossed and double crossed in search of the beast. Accompanied by a furiously curious talking cat, Derek soon uncovers a hidden world deep within his own that is filled with books that glow with desire, an ancient order of talking animals clinging desperately to the past, and a mysterious girl who keeps the world turning.

All of that, of course, plus the evil dragon he must slay to keep the world from ending.

170 pages, ebook

The author will be providing copies in PDF and mobi formats. To request, please post your email address and format needed. It is your responsibility to check for the book and download it. It is also your responsibility to contact me immediately if you do not receive the book or have a problem. In exchange for the free book, the author requests an honest review of their book not just on Goodreads, but also on Amazon USA, UK, and any of your blogs or reviewing sites. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you are REQUIRED to post your Goodreads link to it on this thread.

Even though this book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical, disrespectful and illegal to share books provided to you for reviews.

Further Info from the group, not the author: If you do not complete the e-book within the time given, and you do not post your link on this thread or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. This is to prevent people from getting complimentary books over and over without fulfilling their obligation.

Do not message me nor the author requesting the book. All info is to be posted here. This is for the ease of the author and the mods and fairness to all. If you do not wish to share your email publicly, please do not request.

If there are any other authors looking to do this with our group, please message me. You MUST be willing to provide copies, free of charge, to the reviewers. Here’s the post on what is needed when requesting: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

REVIEWERS: PLEASE read the topic titled "Reviewers." All the rules are listed under there. We will not allow any excuses of "I didn't know" because the rules are listed and if you have any questions you can always message me. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Links to find the book for posting reviews:

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00IIX5F7E

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IIX5F7E

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/derek...

Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 05/27/14 (May 27th).

Reviewers:

Katharina: katharina@katharinagerlach.com Kindle/mobi COMPLETED
Gemma: gemmah.reviews@gmail.com mobi COMPLETED

Katharina Gerlach | 88 comments I'll give it a try. katharina_at_katharinagerlach.com

message 3: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Katharina wrote: "I'll give it a try. katharina_at_katharinagerlach.com"

Format?

Katharina Gerlach | 88 comments oops, mobi if possible, but ePub will do too.

message 5: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Katharina wrote: "oops, mobi if possible, but ePub will do too."

Since formats are only PDF and mobi, mobi it is.

Clara Harding (claralexi) | 18 comments gemmah.reviews@gmail.com and .mobi please x

message 7: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Young | 5 comments Sent! Just a heads up.

message 8: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments 1 day left until the deadline and both reviewers still need to post.

message 9: by Katharina (last edited May 26, 2014 08:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katharina Gerlach | 88 comments Sorry, Marni. I'm currently reading but my adopted father died and that threw me out of the book for a while. I'm really sorry but this is the first time I've ever asked to extend the deadline.

message 10: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Katharina wrote: "Sorry, Marni. I'm currently reading but my adopted father died and that threw me out of the book for a while. I'm really sorry but this is the first time I've ever asked to extend the deadline."

Katharina, I'm very sorry for your loss. I completely understand. I have pushed your deadline back a week.

Katharina Gerlach | 88 comments Thanks a ton.

message 12: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments 2 1/2 hours until the deadline.

message 13: by Clara (last edited May 27, 2014 11:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katharina Gerlach | 88 comments My review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I'll put it up on amazon some time soon and will give it a 4 star rating there with the headline pointing out that title and cover target the wrong reading audience. I deducted a star for that on this site.

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Derek Agons Slays A Dragon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Samuel Tucker Young (other topics)