What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A MG or YA book i read 4-5 years ago. Well with monsters in it, boy falls into water

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shadeslayer (new)

Shadeslayer Pina | 11 comments All i remember There was a well or a hole and it had a vast amount of water in it. In the water were monsters. A raft type boat was on the surface of that water and a boy on it fell off. As soon as his blood hit the water alll the monster knew him. Like knew him specifically. His name his everything.

The cover of the book looked to have monsters on it. A light tan and greenish yellow tint. I cant give vast information about it cause i do not remember it well but as much as i can remember.This was either in middle or intermediate school but a little bit older age group.

message 2: by Shadeslayer (new)

Shadeslayer Pina | 11 comments I'm sorry for such low information but this is all i remember. This was a passage from the book. It also had more then one book to its series i think. It was in a time before guns if i remember right.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Shadeslayer, I added a bit of info to your heading. You'll get more attention that way, since many of our members only read the threads that they think they have a chance to ID. And they many times won't read a thread where there is no info on the book being searched for.

message 4: by Shadeslayer (new)

Shadeslayer Pina | 11 comments Thank you

message 5: by NaanBaka (last edited May 09, 2014 09:23AM) (new)

NaanBaka | 31 comments Could it possibly be one of the Demonata novels by Darren Shan? I haven't read most of them, but it might be one of them. Here are a few covers that match your description a bit.

Slawter (The Demonata, #3) by Darren Shan Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6) by Darren Shan Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10) by Darren Shan

And here's a list of the books in the series.

message 6: by Shadeslayer (new)

Shadeslayer Pina | 11 comments Mots wrote: "Could it possibly be one of the Demonata novels by Darren Shan? I haven't read most of them, but it might be one of them. Here are a few covers that match your description a bit.

[bookcover:Slawte..."

It isnt but looks like a great series ill read them:) I personally dont think people will find the book its not known to many people. Thank you very much tho for trying to help

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Shadeslayer, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments In The Secret of Platform 13, a boy falls into a river, I think, where there is a nuckelavee, and has to be rescued.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 9: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberlibri) | 158 comments Eva Ibbotson, the author of The Secret of Platform 13, also has put out some box sets. Eva Ibbotson 3-in-1: Which Witch?, The Secret of Platform 13 & Island of the Aunts might be the 'more than one book' you are looking for.

message 10: by SummerLily (last edited Mar 18, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

SummerLily | 20 comments This reminds me of a book I read a while ago, I can't remember the title at the moment but I can probably find it...
The title had a well in it, also I know it had a different title in the UK than in America.
There was something about abandoned shopping carts and some kids find an abandoned wishing well but they start being haunted by various monsters/ the witch/ god that inhabits the well. I know that at one point the boy falls in. It was pretty creepy, lots of unsettling imagery.
Could this be it?

message 11: by SummerLily (new)

SummerLily | 20 comments Got the one I was talking about! Well Witched in the Us, or Verdigris Deep in the UK, by Frances Hardinge.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Not sure if it matches your description though!!

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Closing this thread, a duplicate.

The thread was reinvigorated here - you can post here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.