Contemporary Lovers discussion

Love Letters to the Dead
This topic is about Love Letters to the Dead
May - Love Letters to the Dead > Spoiler discussion for pages 81 to 159

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jay | 68 comments Mod
This is based on the US edition. We are basically splitting the book into almost 4 equal parts. The US edition is 323 pages.

Please ONLY discuss the events happening up to page 159. This is only a spoiler discussion for the first half of the book.

Alex aaah I'm so excited to finally find out what's going on with Laurel and May!

NoRa Laurel never mentioned what happened to her sister at this point. I'm guessing she has something to do with it? I wonder why Laurel wants to be like May so much to the point where she wears May's dress even if it didn't fit so well. I dont have a sister sibling btw :)))

Molly (augustwatersismyinfinity) | 5 comments I feel as though this is just dragging on at this point. I'm kind of mad that she still hasn't said anything about what happened to May yet. And I don't have any siblings so I can't say much on the relationship part of it.

Hannah So far, I'm really enjoying this book... I just feel that there are too many make-out scenes. I, personally, am not such a huge fan of romance in books... So it might just be me feeling this way.

Anabel (inthebookcorner) (inthebookcorner) | 25 comments Mod
I also really want to know what happened!
And I'm starting to get this feeling that Sky was more involved with May than what he's letting on.

Giselle (itsmegiselle) | 32 comments Mod
I feel like this is dragging on so much. The only thing that's making me stick with this book is the fact that I want to know how May died and what Laurel was involved with.

I think it's also safe to say Laurel idolized her sister and literally wants to keep her in her life. I get it's a grieving process and that's how she's handling it, but I find it incredibly creepy.

Also the mention of Christian cults freaked the heck out of me. Those are the people that scare the bejesus out of me. Forcing people to be Christian and thinking it's all right to do the things they do. *shudders*

Am also liking how Hannah and Natalie's relationship is progressing and unravelling at the same time. Though I don't really care about her relationship with Sky. There's also too much lustful scenes which make my eyes glaze over with boredom lol