Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available for Romance/Erotica Novels

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments Erotica is my genre of choice. I like a good romance book as long as there is some sex. ;) I prefer a series over a stand alone book. I'm a banker by day and a romance/erotica book worm by night. I'm an extremely fast reader. I'm by no means an English major. If you're looking for grammar and punctuation errors I'm not your girl. If you're looking for a "normal" perspective, plot gaps, inconsistencies, and the overall flow, I believe I'm your target audience. I'm not going to be mean or tell you your book sucks. That's not me. I will tell you my honest opinion of what works and doesn't work, along with suggestions I feel would make it better. I will not publish a bad review on amazon or good reads. I will however tell you privately. If the book is 4 stars or higher I have no problem giving you a glowing honest review.

You can PM me via here or e-mail me at amyd384@aol.com

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Leigh (goodreadscomheather_leigh) | 18 comments Hi Amy,
I sent you an email.

H

Relatively Famous

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice Lake (AliceLake) | 33 comments Hello Amy,

I sent you an e-mail request for my contemporary romance novella. It is not part of a series but hoping you might still be interested.

Thank you,

Alice Lake

message 4: by Relina (new)

Relina Skye (relinaskye) | 69 comments Hi Amy,

I have a fantasy romance that is in need of a beta reader. It is 66,410 words long.

Synopsis: Therapist demigoddess Jocelyn Frost's job is on the line. Meanwhile, her patients need her to find a solution to their common problem, their just too fertile for their own good. Birth control pills don't work and condoms rip too easily. Jocelyn turns to archivist demigod Declan Rivers for help. Can they find a contraceptive spell that will both save her career and help her patients?

This novel is the first part of a series. Please let me know if you are interested in reading my manuscript.

Thank you!

message 5: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Senault | 15 comments Hi Amy,

I have a steamy romance in need of beta reading. This is the first book in a series.

Short synopsis:
Dr. Claudette Boucher has a career she loves. As a popular sex therapist she is a dream date to sport around Los Angeles, but less intriguing as long term relationship material. Her newest endeavor to publish a series of articles for an adult magazine puts her in contact with someone who will change her perfectly planned life. Conflict and tragedy strike when she finally seems to be orchestrating the changes. She faces losing everything and leaving the love of her life with nothing.
Without End is a funny, charming, sexy, romance filled with rich characters and heartbreaking tragedy.

I sent you an email. Thank you for your consideration, A.R. Senault

Amy wrote: "Erotica is my genre of choice. I like a good romance book as long as there is some sex. ;) I prefer a series over a stand alone book. I'm a banker by day and a romance/erotica book worm by night. I..."

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments I'm all caught up if anyone needs a Beta? I'm an extremely fast reader and reviewer.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Davis (Bonnie_Davis) | 7 comments Hi Amy! I'm looking for a beta reader to read my erotic romance manuscript, An Altered State of Betrayal. Here is a brief description:

Guilt and jealousy. Two compelling emotions that can lead one down the path of unsurpassable catastrophe. They can transform even the most innocent of people into a cold blooded murderer, rendering that person to face the demons that lie deep within the soul.

Harper Pierson would have never betrayed her beloved husband, Levi, if she knew it would send her down such a path. A path that shattered her precious life into a million pieces, surrendering her to an isolated world of remorse and anguish.

Is she insane for thinking her ingenious plan could lead to her happily ever after? From the outside it may appear that way. But she knows the truth. Harper knows the truth, and she is willing to fight to hold onto the shattered pieces of her world and mend them back to life. A flawless life that bends the boundaries of reality.

An Altered State of Betrayal is a thrilling 71,000 word erotic romance with astonishing twists and extraordinary turns all the way through to the very last sentence. This riveting romance, filled with love, lust, and crime, will appeal to a wide range of contemporary romance readers.

Let me know if you are interested.

- London

bonnieb1976@hotmail.com

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Davis (Bonnie_Davis) | 7 comments Hi Amy,

I would just like to put it out there that you are an amazing beta reader. I really appreciate you taking the time to read my book. The feedback that you gave me is invaluable! For anybody looking for a great beta reader, Amy is your girl!

London

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments Thank You, London! That was very sweet. *tear*

message 10: by Tracey-anne (new)

Tracey-anne McCartney | 16 comments Hi Amy :o)
I have a completed / polished 105k New Adult/Paranormal Romance.
Website with blurb etc here:http://www.traceyannemccartney.com/

If interested/resonates with you, inbox/email me, thank you Trace.

jasmoon-butterfly@hotmail.co.uk

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather Leigh (goodreadscomheather_leigh) | 18 comments I second that... Amy is a great Beta! Be on the lookout for her name in my credits!

message 12: by Tracey-anne (new)

Tracey-anne McCartney | 16 comments Sent you an email too. Trace

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments Thanks Heather. That was sweet. You ladies are going to give me a big head before long. ;) I'm just glad my crazy fast reading abilities have been put to good use. For years I was pretty sure it was a curse with the insane amount of money I spent on books. Now I get to read books for free, help out Indie authors. God knows no one will help for free nowadays they want to charge you for everything. You need marketing, web design, publishing, an editor, etc. Then you still really don't know how your target audience perceives your work and your out of pocket loads of money. I'm blessed you ladies let me read your "baby". I like helping.

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments I can also do Paranormal as long as there is some romance to keep me interested. :)

message 15: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Senault | 15 comments Just wanted to let seekers of beta readers know, Amy Rocks! She was crazy fast and offered great suggestions and opinions to help improve my book. And I’m thinking she has read enough novels to make her the Grand Poobah of romance.

AR Senault, Without End

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments Thanks A.R! I truly appreciate that. I enjoy helping. :)

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments I'm reading one now then I'm all caught up if anyone needs a beta.

message 18: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Landes | 5 comments Sent you an email also, lol, you might be swamped.

message 19: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Morris | 12 comments Would you read a work in progress?

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments Betsy- I've only read full novel/novellas. I'm not a writer, just a reader. I can't guarantee I'd be good at it. If you'd like to email me what exactly you are looking for I can let you know if I could be of assistance. Amyd384@aol.com

message 21: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Morris | 12 comments Pretty much if it flows well and peaks your interest

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy (amydwoods) | 13 comments I'm all caught up after next week. I'm ready to Beta or ARC for review if anyone needs me. :)

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 143 comments Yes please Amy, I have a erotic romance/erotica novel that needs a fresh pair of eyes. Its the next in my 'call girls' series, Call Girls 4:Emily.

message me with your details and I'll send you a word doc.

message 24: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Fired an email your way, Amy. Looking forward to chatting with you! :)

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Suby | 14 comments Hi there! Currently looking for a beta reader for the second draft of my adult contemporary romance. 77k words. Brand new to all of this and any input/feedback would be welcome. thank you!
email: ssuby@pcofiowa.com

message 26: by Christine (new)

Christine Alvarez | 2 comments Hello everyone!
I am looking for beta readers that would be willing to lend a pair of fresh eyes to my Urban Fantasy Novel with a heavy emphasis on romance.
It is 78,000 words and is in its final stages before I send it off to my editor. There is strong language and sex throughout. If you are interested pm me for further details.

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather Leigh (goodreadscomheather_leigh) | 18 comments Amy is the best!!!!

Just my 2 cents. :)

message 28: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Kaswell (crystalkaswell) | 22 comments Hey Amy,
I'm looking for a beta for the first two books in an erotic romance trilogy. I have been told that they are very hot! Let me know if you're interested! I am pretty flexible about the turnaround time :)

Crystal

message 29: by Cat (new)

Cat Busby | 6 comments Hi, I have a WIP erotic romance novel that I would really love some feedback on. I've reread it too many times and can't tell if it's actually any good or not. LOL Let me know if your interested :) thanks