Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

May Book Discussion > Corran Horn as a Jedi

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Does anyone wish Corran had just stayed a pilot? Do you feel like the transition to being a Jedi was a natural progression for the character or did it feel forced?

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Duran | 37 comments I've only known him as a Jedi, and I never knew he had his own novel, it wasn't until my friend at work told me that this was his favorite book that it interested me.

message 3: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Jason, this will be a great book for you to read. Now you get to see how and why he became a Jedi

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian If it had just come out of nowhere in this book, it would feel forced, but there's backstory for it laid out in the X-Wing books so it never bothered me. I do think it's a shame that he didn't pilot more often as time went on, like Jaina does.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Lezotte | 15 comments It never felt force to me. What bothered me about Corran is that I get a Luke Skywalker vibe. That this is the authors version of Luke. Both of them are pilots in rogue and have the force. It a little too familar for my taste.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Duran | 37 comments You know what this reminds me of? The Kyle Katarn story. Force sensitive dude who gets his woman kidnapped and then has "Jedi-up" to go get her back.

message 7: by Jonesmikey (new)

Jonesmikey | 7 comments I was surprised when I saw Corran Horn was a jedi, or even a pilot for that matter. I had read Tales from the Empire and Tales from the New Republic before the X-Wing books, so to me he was always a member of CorSec. He was an undercover officer for Correllian Security with his dad Hal, always grating under the inept Imperial Liaison officer, Kirtan Loor.

message 8: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Apparently he's a man of many talents :)

message 9: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bianca_horkan) | 31 comments Corran as just a member of Rogue Squadron was never a favorite of mine.

The Corran who's a bit older & wiser is the Corran I like.

Corran in this book is just the beginnings of that version I like.

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike Tennill | 47 comments Started rereading new Jedi order. One of the Jedis were making fun of him for not being able to make stuff. Always loved his humor. His reply was. I cannt move that rock, but I can make that rock believe it was moved.

message 11: by Derek (new)

Derek Gatz (derekgatz) | 96 comments Mike wrote: "Started rereading new Jedi order. One of the Jedis were making fun of him for not being able to make stuff. Always loved his humor. His reply was. I cannt move that rock, but I can make that ro..."

ha yes