Maleficium Imperium discussion

Dungeons and Sub-Levels > Potions/Alchemy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (last edited May 05, 2014 04:35PM) (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 527 comments Mod
Potions classes are held in a dungeon classroom, large enough to hold at last twenty students, their cauldrons, and their work tables. The classroom is quite cold, especially in the winter, when students can see their breath. There are pickled animals in glass jars along the walls (PS8). There is a basin in the corner of the classroom into which icy cold water pours from a gargoyle's mouth. A student supply cupboard is in the room, along with a blackboard on which the instructor can write directions for student work (OP12).
Provided there is sufficient demand, Alchemy is an optional subject taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to sixth and seventh-years. It concerns the ancient science of Alchemy, the study of the four basic elements, as well as the study of the transmutation of substances.

message 2: by E (last edited Jun 10, 2014 11:18PM) (new)

E Evan walked into Alchemy. He walked to the back of the classroom and sat down at his desk. He looked at the board and got put the ingredients for a Sleeping Draught. He placed the ingredients on the table and got out his cauldron and his mortar and pestel. He looked down at his book and read the instructions.

Add 4 sprigs of Lavender to the mortar
Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
Crush into a creamy paste using the pestle
Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm Mucus to your cauldron
Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
Gently heat for 30 seconds
Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
Wave your wand
Leave to brew and return in 70 minutes (time depends on cauldron)
Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron
Heat on a high temperature for 1 minute
Add 4 Valerian Sprigs to your cauldron
Stir 7 times, clockwise
Wave your wand to complete the potion

He chuckled at the book. "It's not 4 sprigs of Lavender its 5 1/2 and it's 4 blobs of Flobberworm Mucus not 2. And its 30 minutes not 70." He muttered to himself. He placed the correct amount of each ingredient to the potion. He let it brew while he practiced his charms. Small birds flew around the class room. After 30 minutes he finished his potion. He put some in some vials and labeled it. He put the vials in his bag. He walked up to the teacher and gave in his six page essay.

message 3: by Jacob (new)

((He doesn't have potions he has alchemy))((given in the rp I don't want people going by their time or anything like that I want people to go according to the rp I've made it so it is Saturday in the rp & like 9:30 pm))

message 4: by E (new)

E ((Ok I'll change it. I wasn't sure so...))

message 5: by Jacob (new)

((Yeah np jsut fix it up and you will be all good. I'll be starting to make the other professors for the group given no one else is wanting any so it's all good.))

message 6: by E (new)

E ((Ok well I am starting on one so I can make some too))

message 7: by Jacob (new)

k

message 8: by Jacob (new)

((Oi mate ready to rp I have a professor for this class now.))