Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > not a book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I marked this as NOT A BOOK, but I noticed an awful lot of people have shelved it. Should I put it back?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5022 comments My suspicion is that it's mostly mis-adding. I can see one review that specifies it's for the cards - if you can see more though...

If it's a mistaken review add, I;m thinking it would be better to merge into the main title and then re-add the ISBN to NAB it. My thoughts based on same principle as for prepacks and films.

Just opinion though...

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments good suggestion. if no one objects soon i'm going to do as you suggest. thanks!

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments ... with the caveat that i'm going to create a separate edition with that isbn marked NOT A BOOK to keep it from being re-added.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited May 05, 2014 04:19PM) (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
If an item meets NAB guidelines, that's where it belongs, regardless of how many users have shelved it.

However, in this case it is likely they really meant the book, so I will merge the cards (which actually have about 70 shelvings) and NAB them.

Edit: Except y'all have already done so. Excellent!