Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Group members > Any body want to be Goodred friends?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by J.A. (last edited May 05, 2014 02:10PM) (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 653 comments Mod
At the risk of sounding a bit needy I'm going to throw this out there;

Any one want to be pals on Goodreads?

A lot of people are reticent about adding others - fear of rejection? Like to keep to themselves? General misanthropy to go with the bibliophilia? Who knows.

I say you can never have too many book-loving friends so if you want to add me, it'll be yes. Or comment below if you're up for connecting with your fellow group members and I (and perhaps others) will add you.

I don't get to talk to half of you as much as I would like btw, so please feel free to pipe up and start discussion topics too.

All the best, Jules ;)

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) Sounds like a great idea. Request sent.

message 3: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) | 563 comments I basically accept any friend invites...but rarely invite others unless I see posts that make me think we're of like minds ;D

message 4: by J.A. (new)

Thanks Ken :) And I feel flattered by the request in that case, Micah ;)

message 5: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) | 563 comments You haven't met me, it may not be much to get excited about! ];P

message 6: by J.A. (new)

I like to reserve judgement until all the results are in ;)

message 7: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) | 563 comments Very wise.

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave (dcr_writes) | 114 comments May I throw in that making Goodreads friends with Jules has proven to be a truly brilliant thing. I suggest everyone do so. :)

message 9: by J.A. (new)

Aw thanks, Dave :D

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
I'm pretty open to making Goodreads friends since the combination of seeing how you post in groups + booklists makes it pretty easy to say yes.

Whereas FB friends have a much higher threshold, and Twitter or G+ take a little more poking around to see if follows make sense, though I have to say I have a lower Twitter threshold for following, especially since I do sort into lists to filter for certain types of content.

message 11: by Richard (new)

Richard | 490 comments Mod
Just for a wonderfully surreal moment, I mis-read it as 'Goodreads Fiends'. What the hell, I guess you need all the fiends you can get!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Maltman (jamiemaltman) | 156 comments Mod
Well you already misread it, since it says Goodred friends in the title. ;) So put it together as:

Goodred Fiends

and it sounds like a writing prompt.

message 13: by J.A. (new)

Friends. Fiends. I'll take either ;)

You do put a lot of thought into your vetting process, Jamie! I just aim for not befriending a spambot! Lol

message 14: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 283 comments At the risk of sounding like an echo from previous posts, I'd just like to say that if anyone wants to be friends, please feel free to add me.

message 15: by K. (new)

K. Carters | 14 comments Sent a few friend requests out on this thread, add me too as you can never have too many folk to compare books with ;)

message 16: by Aliessia (new)

Aliessia Jones (rorozoro) Add me whoever.

message 17: by R.L. (new)

R.L. | 10 comments Yes, please request to friend me so I can friend you back.

message 18: by Garry (new)

Garry Abbott | 51 comments Hello everyone - as a relative newcomer to Goodreads, I would like to connect! So don't be surprised if you get a request in the next few minutes! Will be nice to meet you (digitally).

message 19: by Garry (new)

Garry Abbott | 51 comments Done! For newcomers to this thread - feel free to add me too!

message 20: by Rachel Annie (last edited May 21, 2014 03:20PM) (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Feel free to add me as a Goodreads buddy if we have some books in common.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

message 21: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hayes (stevethehayes) | 1 comments Hi,
Dipping my toe into this social media thing as my third YA fantasy book comes out and I'm finding some great people. I'd be happy to connect with any of you (and sent out friend requests, as well).
Cheers.

message 22: by S. Naomi (new)

S. Naomi Scott (snaomiscott) | 2 comments Hi all

I'm happy to send and receive friend requests - I'm a highly eclectic reader so I'm always happy to dip into other peoples' shelves to find something new and interesting to read. :-)

Thanks for reading.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, send me friend requests, for those I haven't sent some too. I'm a self-publisher that would love some feedback and give some.

message 24: by Mia C. (new)

Mia C.  Winchester  | 2 comments I am new to Goodreads and would love to be friends! Just send me a friend request!! :)

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael Meyerhofer | 15 comments As usual, I'm late to the party. Still, I'm happy to be e-friends with anybody who's interested!

message 26: by Rhett (new)

Rhett Bruno (rhettbruno) | 7 comments I would love to be friends. Request sent!

message 27: by Shell (new)

Shell Bromley | 54 comments Fiends sounds like a good idea. But how many fiends does a person need before she can start up an official league of evil?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't necessarily fear getting rejected, but I think others fear me. Unfortunately, I think some are a bit intimidated by my approach-y personality.

message 29: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Willis | 258 comments Challenge accepted

message 30: by Ani (new)

Ani (ariesreign) | 1 comments Hello, I am new to the group. Feel free to add me, I am always looking for author suggestions and the internet is a great place to make friends.

message 31: by Paul (new)

Paul Spence (paulbspence) | 5 comments I'm always open to new friends. I'm a writer, but I'm a fan and a reader too.

If you are in the Southwest, come to Bubonicon in Albuquerque and say hi.

message 32: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 189 comments I'm always open to warm bodies to throw books at, er friends. I'm a hack writer by night, game programmer by day, and caffeeine fuled editor when I'm not cursing the puter gods when another machine fails.
I'm always happy to help others out with anything (gotta get my dharma on) so feel free to add me. If I don't respond promply for some reason, assume my latest computer/phone has failed yet again and I'm waiting for parts to come through from China.

message 33: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Doleman | 5 comments Yes please.

message 34: by Mia (new)

Mia (miahoegb) | 7 comments Ofcourse. I'd love friend requests and someone to dicuss books with. Whoever you are, feel free to contact me. Adding you right now, J.A.

message 35: by J.A. (new)

Thanks Mia :) accepted. And welcome to the group.

message 36: by Mia (new)

Mia (miahoegb) | 7 comments Thank you. :)

message 37: by David (new)

David Kolb (davidpkolb) | 6 comments I'm always open to making new friends. I'm new in here and looking forward to getting to know you all, and reading your books. Feel free to add me!

message 38: by Dave (new)

Dave (dcr_writes) | 114 comments I'll throw my hat in the ring, too.

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma Bradley | 54 comments Is it too soon to suggest the group hug? Am happy to be friends with all and sundry :)

message 40: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Pagano (whitneypagano) | 1 comments I could use more friends. :) I'm happy to be friends with anyone here.

message 41: by Iva (new)

Iva Kenaz (ivakenaz) | 2 comments Hi guys, I always like to make new friends and have sent a few friend requests already.

message 42: by J.A. (new)

Hi Iva :) request sent

message 43: by R.L. (new)

R.L. | 10 comments Would love more friends!! Send request. I will approve.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in for making new friends. As writers, we need each other.

message 45: by Shari (new)

Shari Sakurai (shari_sakurai) | 27 comments Please feel free to send me requests :)

message 46: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1213 comments Mod
I will be happy to be friends with anyone who asks. Just be warned that I am only now starting to figure out what to do with this blasted social media thing, so I may not know all of the nettiquette and protocol that goes along with being a Goodreads friend. Or fiend. Dear god, this makes me sound way older than I am!

message 47: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Witzens (tammywitzens) | 26 comments Heck yesssss!!!

PREPARE TO BE BOMBARDED WITH FRIENDSHIP.
Or is it fiendship at this point? I've lost track....

message 48: by Brittany (new)

Brittany T I would love to be friends with fellow readers/writers!

message 49: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne Tomlinson Who doesn't need friends? I'll accept invites from those who love to read and write fantasy!

message 50: by Turhan (new)

Turhan Halil | 270 comments Emma wrote: "Is it too soon to suggest the group hug? Am happy to be friends with all and sundry :)"

Hi Emma, I'm going to send you a friend request. I read though all of your 'Ask The Author' questions and enjoyed your comments, plus you live near my brother, sister and niece in Brighton!

Anyone else in, on this group hug thing :)come on everyone, don't be shy!

« previous 1