Searching for SuperWomen Book Clan discussion

Book Discussion > HAROUN AND THE SEA OF STORIES OFFICIAL DISCUSSION (SPOILERS!)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emmie (new)

Emmie Mears (emmiemears) | 47 comments Mod
The official discussion thread is open! Discuss! Be merry!

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian (brian_oconor518) | 19 comments Finished it on Sunday.

It was a nice change of pace from the last couple novels I read: Chuck Wendig's MOCKINGBIRD, while amazing, was pretty unrelenting in its nihilism and the sequel to last month's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE, which was not exactly a whimsical tale either.

Not much to say about this one - a pretty simple but well told story - Rushdie's prose and use of language (NOT ONE BUTTOO! and the like) was impressive.

I enjoyed the general musings on the nature of stories throughout and particularly liked Khattam-Shud's monologue (which Haroun tunes out after 11 minutes, lol) about the things needed to ruin various types of stories. There's probably a bunch of other metatextual stuff in here I didn't notice or went over my head too.

I gave it 3 Stars - a fun little story, but I did find myself becoming a bit bored with it by the end.

message 3: by Emmie (new)

Emmie Mears (emmiemears) | 47 comments Mod
I am so behind on everything right now with the divorce and now moving out...I haven't even started this yet. I'm going to bring my Kindle to BEA though, so I should have time to read on the bus on the way to NYC!