Cozy Mysteries discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What do you think? > Ever make a recipe from the back of a cozy?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 28 comments Has anyone made a recipe (food, soaps, lotions, crafts...) from the back of a cozy? If so, what was it and was it good? If it was good, be prepared to share! I have made copies of recipes, but haven't made anything yet.

message 2: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited May 05, 2014 12:19PM) (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 16035 comments Mod
Hi Nicky,

You might want to check out the following discussion: Cozy recipes

message 3: by Nancy (last edited May 05, 2014 01:31PM) (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 150 comments Oh Nicky, have I got the book for you...well almost book because we are still in the formatting phase. "Cozy Food: 127 Cozy Mystery Writers Share Their Favorite Recipes" will be out soon and it's going to be really amazing.

As editor, I've been looking at recipes as they come in and many are to die for.(Pun intended.)You'll have over 215 cozy mystery recipes collected in one source.

The first part of the book will be structured like a conventional cookbook except that recipes will be introduced by their author. There will be links from recipes to author bios in the back portion of the book so you can read about the author who wrote the recipe and find out about all the books they've written. You will even have links to where you can buy newly discovered author's books at your finger tips.

The recipes are terrific but the author bios and comments are even better. These are witty cozy writers after all, so you'll love their stories about their recipes.

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (saanichlori) | 402 comments I got "The Cat Who..." cookbook and made a few of the recipes there - the pork chops were excellent. I've written out a couple from the Hannah Swensen "Cookie Shop" series too, but haven't made them yet.

message 5: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 28 comments Nancy, that sounds like an excellent book! Can't wait to check it out.

message 6: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 28 comments Lorraine wrote: "I got "The Cat Who..." cookbook and made a few of the recipes there - the pork chops were excellent. I've written out a couple from the Hannah Swensen "Cookie Shop" series too, but haven't made th..."

I haven't read anything in "The Cat Who..." series yet so I will have to check that out. I've got the "Cookie Shop" in my 'to read' section already, maybe I'll bump that towards the top!

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Nancy wrote: "Oh Nicky, have I got the book for you...well almost book because we are still in the formatting phase. "Cozy Food: 127 Cozy Mystery Writers Share Their Favorite Recipes" will be out soon and it's g..."

I'll be looking for this one!

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 522 comments I made some iced ginger snap cookies from one of Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Schulz books. I found them to be good, but not worth the trouble over other recipes for similar cookies I've used. That has been the only thing I have ever been tempted to make.

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison Burrus | 2 comments My favorite sugar cookie recipe is from Joanne fluke! I have made several of her recipes

message 10: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited May 05, 2014 09:04PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Thread locked since it's a duplicate of a thread we already have, that Heather was nice enough to link to.

Group Owner

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.