Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Weight Loss/Muscle Up Challenge > Kourtney's Taebo Challenge

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Yesterday my boyfriend said the magical words to me "we can go shopping" (insert hearts and flowers here) I was dismayed though because HE WALKED AWAY WITH MUCH MORE THAN I DID and that was because I couldn't find any clothes to fit my frame anymore. When I was in my 20's and had the metabolism of a teenager, I used to be able to fit into anything and everything (except maxi dresses. Hello!! What can 4'9 girls wear?!?!) Now? Now I want to cry looking in the 3-way mirrors and harsh lighting. So I need to get off my bum and TONE UP!

I'm a huge lover of all things Taebo. Yoga for me is too tame, and I like the instant feeling of "oh there's that muscle!" which Taebo seems to hit everytime. I have a few DVD's at home that I have used in the past. When I stick with it? It seems to work and I feel better. When I don't? I feel like I do today.

So even though it's May, I'm going to start a challenge! There is a set 4 week workout program for one of my Taebo DVD sets and I am going to complete it! I will post on here along the way if you want to keep up, laugh, cheer me on or just tell me random things to distract me.

Tonight? I plan! When I get home from work, I will dust off my DVD's, post the schedule with some details, and figure out how to get my Xbox to work again (or go find my DVD player).

Tomorrow...THE WORKOUT BEGINS.

*Running to McDonalds for my last fast food meal*

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Taebo is so much fun! My sister got out hers and we were going to try it & then never did. We should! I definitely need to do something soon! Good luck!

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
That's something I always wanted to do too. My challenges have been lacking because I've just had too much going on. I gave up in April, saying I was going to start in May, but now the house is a complete mess and until the construction is done, it's going to stay that way. Carpet is coming Wednesday (not today like I originally thought), so we're trying to get the painting done. I didn't even have time to read over the weekend. :(

Calgon, take me away.....

message 4: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Thank you Suzanne! Who knows...maybe me doing this will be the kickstart for you too :) I'm hoping the shame of having to face you ladies and admit I'm lazy will be enough of a kick to keep this going.

message 5: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Stacy - I know how that feels! And on top of it all you will have a whole new job to learn, so no doubt you will be coming home exhausted! I don't blame you for taking a leave of absence on this until everything settles down.

When it rains it pours - that's for sure! I have tons of time at the moment (and I've started reading again!) The only thing I am trying to figure out is how I can do this over the weekends when I am at my boyfriends place - I hate having people watch me workout which is why I never go to the gym. I prefer to sweat alone!

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy - I know how that feels! And on top of it all you will have a whole new job to learn, so no doubt you will be coming home exhausted! I don't blame you for taking a leave of absence on this un..."

LOL, exactly how I feel too! I'm always afraid that someone is critiquing me.

And you're so right about when it rains. Holy crap.

message 7: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments DAY ONE UPDATE

Fail. I couldn't find my DVD's last night! And then I got sidetracked because my DVD's share a bookcase with my overflow of books, and I saw a book I can get rid of...and then I started looking through that shelf...

The search resumes tonight.

message 8: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Kourtney, what's the name of the workout DVD? I did Insanity twice but didn't love it...he spent SO much time stretching that I was over it. I'm always on the hunt for a great workout DVD!

message 9: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Bianca - it is the Taebo Amped (comes with an amplifier bar) series. 4 DVD's and it gives you a beginner workout schedule for 4 weeks. If I can find it...

message 10: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Kourtney wrote: "Bianca - it is the Taebo Amped (comes with an amplifier bar) series. 4 DVD's and it gives you a beginner workout schedule for 4 weeks. If I can find it..."

That's awesome!!! I'm going to check it out. :)

message 11: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "DAY ONE UPDATE

Fail. I couldn't find my DVD's last night! And then I got sidetracked because my DVD's share a bookcase with my overflow of books, and I saw a book I can get rid of...and then I sta..."

Good luck. :) My brain got a workout last night from concentrating. I don't like to use tape when I'm painting so I have to concentrate pretty good when I'm cutting in along the ceiling. :)

message 12: by Kourtney (last edited May 07, 2014 08:38AM) (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments DAY ONE-AND-A-HALF UPDATE

Fail. Again. Mostly because I worked out my bank account. (Excuses excuses...) I came home, paid bills and then headed out to my boyfriends house where I worked out my frustration playing "Beer Goggle Bingo" all night. Does that count? I'm going with no...

Woke up super late this morning. Will try to look for them again tonight!

message 13: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (bbollinger) | 761 comments Kourtney wrote: "DAY ONE-AND-A-HALF UPDATE

Fail. Again. Mostly because I worked out my bank account. (Excuses excuses...) I came home, paid bills and then headed out to my boyfriends house where I worked out my fr..."

WHAT IS BEER GOGGLE BINGO?!

message 14: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments 6 bingo games all for a free drink...it's called beer goggle bingo because the more you play, the more you drink and the more the game seems fun. IT WAS SO TRUE! Although mine was more Bacardi Goggle Bingo...

message 15: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Held at the local bar...and yes I told my boyfriend we are going back on Tuesday :)

message 16: by Stacy (new)

That does sound like fun. Play a few for me. :)