The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Your June and July group reads are....

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10018 comments Mod
Please read the rules for nominating BEFORE you create your post!! And check our bookshelves to be sure you are not nominating something we have already read as a group!

The categories for June and July are:

June - Books that take place during the summer / beach reads

July - Books that involve american history / historical fiction or non fiction

If you nominate the book, and the book is chosen as a group read, you agree to lead the discussion! Don't worry, it's not hard, and we'll love you all the more for it!

Please do not nominate a book more than once. A book can only be voted on once, so multiple nominations within this thread are not counted.

Only ONE nomination per month per person.

Please be sure to post the title, author, and the month you are nominating it for.

Ideally, you can type it as follows -
August - Room - Emma Donoghue

If your post does not have those three things, it will not be counted.

Are you ready?

I will accept nominations through Monday 5/12. If we get tons of nominations, I may pull the plug on it a little early, so get them in as soon as you can!

Once I close nominations I will create the polls and let you know when it is time to vote!

Hit us with your best noms!

**Important note: At no time is it acceptable for an author to nominate one of his/her own books for the monthly group read. Likewise, it is not acceptable to "push" nominations or votes within this group. It also follows that "a nomination for a nomination" is not acceptable. If I suspect a push, or inappropriate actions have taken place within the group read nominations or votes, I reserve the right to deem those nominations or votes as ineligible.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 547 comments June - The Vacationers - Emma Straub

message 3: by Lori (last edited May 05, 2014 01:17PM) (new)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz Brown | 7 comments june , the gold finch/ july the lowlands.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 143 comments June - The Island - Elin Hilderbrand

July - American Falls - John Calvin Batchelor

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim (kjleonard) july - The Heretics Daughter - Kathleen Kent

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) July - The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks

message 13: by Brie (last edited May 09, 2014 02:14PM) (new)

Brie (briesilva) July - The Warsaw Conspiracy by James Conroyd Martin

message 14: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) QUESTION ... is the July selection supposed to be ANY historical fiction, or only AMERICAN history?

I read it as limited to American history, but I'm seeing titles that are European historical fiction ...

message 15: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Book Concierge wrote: "QUESTION ... is the July selection supposed to be ANY historical fiction, or only AMERICAN history?

I read it as limited to American history, but I'm seeing titles that are European historical f..."

Any, that's why I have it written out as American History / Historical Fiction... either/or is fine.

message 16: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (stardust_126) | 428 comments July- With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by Eugene B. sledge

message 17: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Nominations are closed! The voting polls are now open!

Go vote for the books you most wish to read as a group for June and July.

The books with the most votes will become our new group reads.

Polls close on MONDAY so get voting everyone!

May be best books win!!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1...

message 18: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited May 19, 2014 01:04PM) (new)

Congrats to:

THE ROSIE PROJECT (for June) and THE IMMORTAL LIFE OF HENRIETTA LACKS (for July)

They are your group reads for the next two months!!

Also, congrats to Roger and David, since their books were chosen, they get to lead the discussion for the month that we read along!

The discussion threads will opened on the first of the month!

message 19: by Sally (last edited May 28, 2014 08:45AM) (new)

Sally (prhonor) | 4 comments August- The Child Prince- Honor Raconteur

message 20: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Sally, the group reads have already been nominated and voted in. See the post immediately above yours.

message 21: by Heather L (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) Sally wrote: "August- The Child Prince- Honor Raconteur"

Sally, We won't be nominating/voting on August group reads until mid/end of July.

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen Bradley (zengardner) | 2 comments So delighted to see that we're reading the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks! I started this book a few months ago and very much want to return to it. :)