Food & Fiction discussion

The Glass Kitchen
This topic is about The Glass Kitchen
The Glass Kitchen > Ask the Author!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Perrino | 60 comments Mod
We are hosting a live author chat with none other than Linda Lee herself—and we will be asking her YOUR questions! Have a question for Linda? Post it here and we just might ask it! Also, be sure to follow Linda on Facebook or Twitter!

Craftnut What was your inspiration for the story? Do you enjoy cooking? If so, do you have a signature dish?

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Hi Craftnut! I love to bake, most of all. I was doing tons of cooking while I was writing The Glass Kitchen. In fact, Portia started out doing something else, but with all the cooking I was doing it hit me that she had to cook! The entire book changed at that point. But I will say, NYC makes it really easy to not cook! xox

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Hi Deidre! I think for me it was more a reminder of what it feels like to spend time with friends and family around the dinner table. My husband and I had moved away from Texas and my family, so the regular family meals I was used to stopped abruptly. It took us time to find friends here, but since then they have become like family. And it is so much about sharing meals. xox

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Thank you, Deidre!

message 6: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Perrino | 60 comments Mod
What made you choose those specific recipes for your book?

message 7: by MK (new) - rated it 4 stars

MK (wisny) | 17 comments What genre do you consider your book to be, Linda?

message 8: by MK (new) - rated it 4 stars

MK (wisny) | 17 comments What genre do you consider your book to be, Linda?

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Hi Matthew, The recipes evolved as I was writing. They needed to represent something in that section of the book. I had planned something different for the final course, but realized that it had to be the watermelon.

Linda Francis Lee (lindafrancislee) | 20 comments Hi MK, I would say it's women's fiction with a bit of romance and magical realism in it.