Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > SALEM

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tyhitia (last edited May 05, 2014 01:27PM) (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Hi folks,

Has anyone seen the new WGN show, SALEM? It comes on 10pm every Sunday. OMG, this show is so good. I thought I'd hate it but, oh my!

It centers around the 1692 witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. The twist here is that innocent people are executed for being falsely accused of witchcraft, BUT there are real witches (dark practitioners) in the town that are using that to their advantage, sometimes even guaranteeing the death of innocents.

Don't believe me? Here's the trailer for this new show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQIAN...

I'm posting this on another favorite group message board of mine, just in case you're a member of that group as well and wonder why you're seeing this twice! Lol. Let me know what you think! Have you seen it? If not, do you plan on checking it out?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (couchnest) I just watched the first three episodes the other day. I like it. I'm really looking forward to Constantine, too.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Crap, I meant to watch this and I completely forgot about it.
When did the series start? I hope I'm not too behind already.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (couchnest) It's on Hulu... There are three episodes up.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments I've been watching it (DVR'd) but can't decide if I like it...some of things they do a really creative - but so far I can't decide where the storyline is actually going or what its point is --- there's just so much going on....

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Michelle wrote: "It's on Hulu... There are three episodes up."
Yay, I have Hulu, I will catch it on there then. Thank you so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it!!

message 7: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Michelle wrote: "I just watched the first three episodes the other day. I like it. I'm really looking forward to Constantine, too."

I love it and I wasn't sure I would. I want to see where they're going with it.

message 8: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "I've been watching it (DVR'd) but can't decide if I like it...some of things they do a really creative - but so far I can't decide where the storyline is actually going or what its point is --- the..."

It's only been about 4 episodes, so they're setting up the allies and the foes, so it will come together rather quickly, I think. We'll see. ;)

message 9: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "It's on Hulu... There are three episodes up."
Yay, I have Hulu, I will catch it on there then. Thank you so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it!!"

Let us know if you like it!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Tyhitia wrote: "Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "It's on Hulu... There are three episodes up."
Yay, I have Hulu, I will catch it on there then. Thank you so much for letting me know, I really apprec..."

I will! I am going to try and watch it all by the weekend so I will let you know after that. ;)

message 11: by Reyna (new)

Reyna Pryde (reyna_pryde) | 13 comments So far, I like this show. You can see this goodness buried deep down in Mary Sibley. I doubt she will win against the darkness Satan has forced her to accept. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Especially now that we know John has some demons in his closet too.

message 12: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Reyna wrote: "So far, I like this show. You can see this goodness buried deep down in Mary Sibley. I doubt she will win against the darkness Satan has forced her to accept. It will be interesting to see how it a..."

I agree. And there's someone who is there to help the victims as well. New characters are adding to the tension.

**Mini spoiler alert**

Did you see the possessed girl last week? I hope she doesn't stay that way. I'm miserable for her. Lol.

message 13: by Reyna (new)

Reyna Pryde (reyna_pryde) | 13 comments Hmm, what episode? The last one I saw was episode 4 and it ended with things looking up for her in my opinion. LoL It was kind of twisted.

message 14: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Reyna wrote: "Hmm, what episode? The last one I saw was episode 4 and it ended with things looking up for her in my opinion. LoL It was kind of twisted."

I know there is someone there helping her, but Mary won't let her go, is what I mean. She was freed from her affliction only to have Mary visit her again. It's like Mary and her new enemy are going to go back and forth between the girl. And that is crazy. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Do you watch Witches of East End too?

message 15: by Isis (new)

Isis Persephone | 39 comments I had never heard of this show, and then I saw this thread so I just watched the first episode with my mom and now we're watching the second one. Instantly hooked!

message 16: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Isis wrote: "I had never heard of this show, and then I saw this thread so I just watched the first episode with my mom and now we're watching the second one. Instantly hooked!"

Cool! Glad you found it. I can't wait for the next one tomorrow night. :)

message 17: by Reyna (new)

Reyna Pryde (reyna_pryde) | 13 comments Tyhitia wrote: "Reyna wrote: "Hmm, what episode? The last one I saw was episode 4 and it ended with things looking up for her in my opinion. LoL It was kind of twisted."

I know there is someone there helping her,..."

I do watch Witches of East End. It was cute. Not nearly as dark as Salem. I prefer my stories dark. I watch almost every fantasy tv show I can find, especially paranormal.
I do wonder what Mary is going to do now that she lost control of her again.

message 18: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Reyna wrote: "Tyhitia wrote: "Reyna wrote: "Hmm, what episode? The last one I saw was episode 4 and it ended with things looking up for her in my opinion. LoL It was kind of twisted."

I know there is someone th..."

Witches of East End reminds me of the middle aged version of the Charmed sisters. Lol.

As far as dark, I prefer scary. I write mostly horror, fantasy, and a little sci-fi.

We'll see what Mary does tonight!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Okay I watched the first episode the other day and it was pretty darn creepy, way more so than I thought it would be. I am not sure how I felt about it, it definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

And oh my, Shane West looks..rough. It took me awhile to figure out who he was.

message 20: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments So, do you plan to continue watching it, or was it too much for you?

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (couchnest) I watched Witches of East End... did it get renewed? I liked it.

message 22: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Michelle,

Yes! :) The 2nd season premieres on July 6th at 9pm.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Tyhitia wrote: "So, do you plan to continue watching it, or was it too much for you?" I liked it but I don't think I will. It was way more sexual than I thought it would be, which isn't bad but I was hoping for more about magic and the trials than the weird sexual feel the whole episode had.

message 24: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments You should watch another episode because it goes into waaay more magic and trials.

message 25: by Isis (new)

Isis Persephone | 39 comments I'm glad to hear Witches of East End got renewed; I like it, even though I haven't finished the first season yet. (^_^')

I am loving Salem! It got much better really fast (or maybe it just seems like that because I watched the first four episodes in one day, haha). I like how nothing is good…witches, religion, nothing. And yet I'm invested in all the characters, even though it seems like I shouldn't be.

message 26: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments You need to finish the first season! :)

Mary is evil but sometimes I feel sorry for her. I don't know how to feel about that. Lol.

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I've only seen episode eight and on, but I love it. I've been watching it on demand through Comcast.I like Cotton from what little I've seen. I hope he grows some and doesn't let his father keep treading on him.

message 28: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Cotton has grown. I couldn't stand him before. You should go back to the beginning and check it out.

message 29: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Moore (marshaamoore) | 9 comments I love this show and am so happy that the network okayed a second season. All of the characters are well-played, but I especially like the role of Mary Sibley. She's complex, something of an anit-hero, being both good and bad.

message 30: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments I'm glad they okayed a 2nd season too. And Mary is rather iffy. I see way more evil than good in her, which is fine. Lol. Keeps it interesting. John and Cotton are the only ones who seem to be able to help the folks in Salem, IMHO.

message 31: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Nugent (RustyNugent) | 10 comments When is the 2nd season starting up again? I watched the entire 1st season on tv. It was pretty good, IMO.

message 32: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments It'll be in 2015 but there was no specific date given yet.

message 33: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Nugent (RustyNugent) | 10 comments Thanks for the information.

message 34: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments You're welcome.

message 35: by Adrastea (new)

Adrastea | 2 comments Yes! Loved this series. Can not wait for it to return. Supposed to be coming back in April of this year.

message 36: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Adrastea wrote: "Yes! Loved this series. Can not wait for it to return. Supposed to be coming back in April of this year."

Yay! I can't wait!

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Norinne (rebeccanorinne) Some of the acting was ... questionable ... but I loved so many other elements that it totally made up for it.

message 38: by Tyhitia (new)

Tyhitia | 54 comments Season 2 begins tonight at 10pm, folks! Don't miss it!