Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > "Harlequin Nocturne" series?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asteropê (last edited May 05, 2014 07:25AM) (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 144 comments I noticed this: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1128...

"Nocturne" is not a series, but an imprint of Harlequin. Same as "Blaze" or "Presents" or "Spice." I thinking it needed to be deleted, but wanted to make sure, just in case for some reason, it was allowed.

message 2: by Asteropê (last edited May 05, 2014 07:29AM) (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 144 comments Also, because it's related - Are Harlequin titles that look like this: "Long Summer Nights (Harlequin Blaze, #541)" acceptable?

I think a lot of them are due to the automated adding from various sources (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc).

Long Summer Nights
It doesn't show up in the title, but does in Google search & when you go to edit the book info, it's still part of the title.

Or this one:
Kiss of the Blue Dragon (Silhouette Bombshell, #5)
Kiss of the Blue Dragon (Silhouette Bombshell, #5) (Angel Baker #1)
Angel Baker is the actual series, Silhouette Bombshell is the publisher/imprint. In this case the (Silhouette Bombshell, #5) does still show in the title.

And should the part in parenthesis be removed if it lists the Publisher/imprint/publication# ?

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments The first item, the series, will be deleted. I'll take care of that.

I'm not sure about the second item. I personally have no problem with that and like it.

message 4: by Asteropê (last edited May 05, 2014 07:46AM) (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 144 comments Thanks for dealing with the first issue! :-)

For the second -
Interesting. To me it looks messy. and it isn't really necessary information. I mean, I don't really need to know in the title, that it was published 5th in the line of Bombshells. LOL. It also makes it so the real series isn't the main focus, it's listed after the Publisher/Imprint, # and so it looks weird to me. Also, that's not how the titles appear on the books or in the official publication. That information is listed on the spine of the book in a totally discussion spot and manner.

Hmmmm...I wonder if there's been a discussion about this sort of thing before.

message 5: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments For me, it means it's easier to find Blaze books, for example. I'm guessing it's likely not really allowed, but that is just a guess.

message 6: by Caro (new)

Caro | 177 comments The imprint isn't supposed to be in the title. The only one that's in () with the title should be a series. The imprint should go only in the edition field. As for Nocturne and Bombshell, since they aren't series they can't have a series page, however there are lists on Listopia where you can put them, kinda like a series. Both these imprints already have lists there too.

message 7: by Asteropê (last edited May 05, 2014 08:13AM) (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 144 comments Caro wrote: "The imprint isn't supposed to be in the title. The only one that's in () with the title should be a series. The imprint should go only in the edition field. As for Nocturne and Bombshell, since the..."

That's what I thought!

So, just to make sure - should those titles be edited to delete that in the future? That's what I did in the past, but want to be super sure. ;-)

message 8: by Caro (last edited May 05, 2014 08:23AM) (new)

Caro | 177 comments Yes, I've been doing that with a lot of the harlequin/mills & boon/silhouette books. I do agree with you about the auto thing. I believe since the titles are listed like that on website, when they're automatically entered in the Goodreads system they just put what the websites already have and that's how a lot of them have the imprint in the title. Thanks for asking to make sure though. I had a rough start when I first started and was a little confused until I got the hang of it. ;) It beats making a lot of mistakes then trying to find and fix them all.