UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > email document to kindle

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Has anyone ever been charged by Amazon for emailing a document to their Kindle?

When I was playing around today I realised I was not putting .free into my email address but I have never been charged for downloading. I am wondering if it is something in their terms and conditions that they reserve the right to but have never actually done?

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Is it not dependant on the size of the document?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I have. But they only charge if you download by 3G. As long as you're on wifi, you're okay.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Not sure Jud. It just crossed my mind that I have never heard of anyone paying......

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments See above.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Kindle Personal Documents Service Fees
There is a document processing fee for the Kindle Personal Documents Service when you do not use Wi-Fi or USB. Fees for the Kindle Personal Document Service via Whispernet are based on the size of the file submitted, your country, and where you're accessing Whispernet. If possible, we will attempt to deliver via Wi-Fi rather than Whispernet, and no document processing fee will be charged.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...

message 7: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Guru Patti knows it all.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments All-knowing.
All-seeing.

You tried to send me those stories again yet, Simon?

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I was just about to ask I you have received them from yesterday... I assume not.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Need to turn on my wifi. Hold on.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nada.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments OK, I am going to send you a word document in a minute.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Still nothing.

message 14: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments He probably went off to the pub before he hit send

message 15: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments And when he gets back, he'll hit 'sned'.

message 16: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Poor sned

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments No, I sent. Try getting amazon to send you a free book.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments That worked.

message 19: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Typical IT guy, try and see if you can blame it on someone else.

message 20: by Joo (new)

Joo (jooo) | 1636 comments As long as you set your Maximum Charge Limit to zero, you'll be OK. It won't deliver until you are on wifi.

message 21: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Switch it off and on again...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Tim wrote: "Switch it off and on again..."

Sigh.