What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Emily of New Moon (Emily, #1)
This topic is about Emily of New Moon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl's dad dies, goes to live with old relative [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelby (last edited Jan 03, 2019 11:12AM) (new)

Shelby (shelbythefairy) | 1 comments In the book, this little girl who is very close to her dad, has to live with an old relative after his passing. She's her great aunt or something. She writes in a journal or writes letters to her dead father, and she said her dad told her se'll walk slowly to heaven so she can catch up to him when she dies and she won't be alone, they could walk together. The cover of the book was greenish grey and had a pale green butterfly on it. I have thought about this book for years, please someone help me find it. I read it in elementary school, but it was a pretty thick book with really tiny printing.

UPDATE: This was Emily of New Moon, thank you all for your help and so sorry to take so long to provide this update

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 763 comments This sounds like 'Emily Of New Moon' by L.M.Montgomery. It's the first of a trilogy-the others are;
Emily Climbs
Emily's Quest.

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I'm seconding Emily of New Moon. It's definitely one of my favorites :]

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Shelby, was that your book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
I agree this sounds like the right book. Moving to Solved.