Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Authors General Chat > Reviewer List

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Hi Guys,

I came across this list of reviewers who accept indie books and thought it might be helpful for the authors in our group. I can't vouch for all of them being current and active (I last used the list about two years ago), but it looks like they're keeping it updated.

http://www.theindieview.com/indie-rev...

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roberts | 616 comments Thanks Monica!

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments YW, darling!

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige (electivelypaige) I'm listed on this! :)

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Paige wrote: "I'm listed on this! :)"

Cool! :D I'm glad I posted it, Paige.

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige (electivelypaige) It's a really great site. One thing I do notice is that I often get emails from people who are obviously not reading my review policy, or are just sending a bulk email. It sort of puts me off their book before I read the synopsis because it's kind of disrespectful(to me).

So, my only suggestion is make sure you read and abide by the policy, and personalize the requests to each blogger. It's a little extra work but it's sure to make your request stand out.

I wish y'all good luck! :)

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Paige wrote: "It's a really great site. One thing I do notice is that I often get emails from people who are obviously not reading my review policy, or are just sending a bulk email. It sort of puts me off their..."

Good advice! Thanks, @Paige. :)

message 8: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn Thank Monica for sharing!!

message 9: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments Easy-peasy! There's also a Facebook group I posted my first book for and got some good, honest reviews from: https://www.facebook.com/groups/revie...

message 10: by Chad (new)

Chad Lorion (goodreadscomcmichaellorion) Monica, I went to the facebook page you posted--Review Seekers--but can't seem to find a way to join the group or send a review request. Help!

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments C wrote: "Monica, I went to the facebook page you posted--Review Seekers--but can't seem to find a way to join the group or send a review request. Help!"

The group is by invitation only now. (Wasn't quite so tight when I joined two years ago. But there's a fair share of Amazon Vine reviewers on there and I think they were getting spammed by newbies. A lot.) I PM'd today's moderator to ask what steps you need to take in order to join. Pretty sure you just need to send a request, but I'll let you know what she says. (I'll be off and on the interwebenz today, but will try to get you the info as quickly as possible.)

message 12: by Chad (new)

Chad Lorion (goodreadscomcmichaellorion) Monica wrote: "C wrote: "Monica, I went to the facebook page you posted--Review Seekers--but can't seem to find a way to join the group or send a review request. Help!"

The group is by invitation only now. (Wasn..."

Thanks, Monica.

message 13: by Monica (last edited May 07, 2014 11:38AM) (new)

Monica Pierce (monicaenderlepierce) | 115 comments C wrote: "Monica, I went to the facebook page you posted--Review Seekers--but can't seem to find a way to join the group or send a review request. Help!"

Okay, you can send an add request to today's admin (Gerianne Dvorshock Oboril Slavinsky) or give me your email address and I can send an invitation through the group. Either way, the admins will have to approve your request.