Support and Advice Group discussion

Dating Advice > BF Break Up

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I have this friend. And we're like best friends. Like literally best friends. And he asked me out. And recently, I've discovered that I don't want to be with him anymore. But he absolutely adores me. Like, I'm pretty sure he would jump off a cliff if I asked him to. But I don't want him to do that! So anyways, I want to break up with him, but it'll break his heart if I do. What should I do? I don't want to hurt him, but I also want to do what's best for me.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd say that you should first be positive that this is what you want. Like 110% sure because there is no going back. And then I would just say to him "hey (his name) I need to talk to you. I know we are really close, and I don't want that to change, but I don't think we are right for each other." And then you just need to give him time to self heal.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am really sure that I don't want to be with him any more. I can't stand having the reputation that I'm with him and he's just not my type. I'll try that I guess. I hope it works. But he site right in front of me in math class and I'm also afraid he'll just despise me afterwords.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

He may be unhappy afterwards, and he will need his space, by if he really cares about you at all he will come around and be your friend again